Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Hazy Days Of Banking...

From time to time people bring in their pocket change that they've saved in the little jar on their dresser. Everybody does it. I save my change vacations. If I manage to not tap into it, I save like $200 a year this way. But I am getting waaaay off track here.

So, anyways a young woman comes in today with her little change jar. As I am sorting it over, just making sure the non-coin junk doesn't jam up the machine, I came across the following...

1. 2 screws
2. 1 Nail
3. 1 washer
4. 2 roach clips
5. 3 bar chips
6. ...wait, what?

That's right. Drug paraphernalia. I called my branch manager in the coin room and had the following conversation.

"Her Grinchiness, what do you do when you find paraphernalia in the change?"

"You mean, like Canadian coin?"

"No, like drug."

*Cue jaw dropping, a giggle or two, and a moment of pondering*

"Give it back and suggest the customer sort their change before bringing it in."

The look of horror on the young woman's face was the funniest thing I have seen all week.

2 comments:

Ren said...

I hate it when it's the condoms wrapped in wrappers that make them look like coins that get caught up.

Mark said...

Was there resin on the clip? 'cuz you know, people use alligator clips for many things besides smoking weed.