Saturday, October 15, 2005

A Big Day...

Today is a big day for this happy little Blogger.

Let's all gather around for story time, and I'll tell you why.

A few years ago, I made a string of bad choices involving my credit. I have been paying my dues and struggling for quite awhile now to fix my sins. I paid off all my collections, closed those credit cards, and such. I have had one lingering issue out there. I had a charge off on an in-store credit account. And for those of you who don't know, a charge-off sends you to credit hell for a very long time.

Well, turns out that having my transmission go out was a small blessing. The competing financial institution that financed my loan tacked on the amount of the charge-off so I could clear that up. Don't even get me started on the fact that the bank I work for, won't finance for employees.

So today, with a big smile and I light step, I release myself from credit hell. For the first time in my life, I feel like I some day might be a homeowner. Or at the very least, the next time my car dies...I can probably buy new.

I am pretty darn pleased with myself today.

No comments: