Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Dynasty Dilemma...

So yesterday was my day off. I won't bore you with most of the details, but I started out the day at the garage. Oil change, tires balanced and rotated. Getting ready for winter and stuff. And after 157 other errands, it was off for a little shopping at the next city over with the closest mall.

After an uneventful shopping trip, we were on the way home.

45 miles from home, I notice I am having trouble accelerating. To the point that I had it floored, and not a whole lot was happening. 10 seconds later, loud noise under the hood. I instantly pull over (well duh), and see smoke rolling out from under the hood. Pretty sure my transmission is shot.

Long story short. I sat on the side of the freeway for roughly 2 hours waiting for tow trucks and additional transportation. Well, after a slight misunderstanding with the tow company (and alot of obscentites from me) my car was on it's way back home. The shame of it all is that at $2/mile, having it towed home will roughly cost me $225.

It's at Dr. Jason's now. For those of you who were here back in the day, Dr. Jason is my car guy. Worked wonders on Heather the Honda. When I called him this morning to let him know what was up, he said he'd call me back once he got under it, but it didn't look good.

I don't have the best luck with cars at all. I have NEVER had a car last me more then 6 months. EVER. I am were cars go to die evidently. Would be nice thou if this one was paid off.
Still waiting to hear from the good doctor. But I am kinda freaking out. All these things are going thru my head. How can I go grocery shopping? What about the laundromat? And how about my shift in Chicken Creek on Friday....30 MILES AWAY!!!

Well, as far as Chicken Creek, let me tell you why I love Digit. When I was basically crying a river telling him my sad stroy. The man steps up to the plate and offers to drive me TO AND FROM Chicken Creek, so my office doesn't have to completely re-do the schedule. I love him. Sometimes I feel like, he is the only family member I can count on.

So that's my sad story. I am all about the drama. I make it so much worse in my head then it really is. I'll be better tomorrow.

So Juicy wants a car for her birthday instead of all that crap I asked for.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Oh, shit. You didn't tell me it was all the way in Chicken Creek. Shit, you're on your own now.

:)

Girl Next Door said...

You're a mean boy!