Sunday, October 09, 2005

Donate Often...

It appears that my house is becoming the place to be on Friday nights. To the point that I now have an alcohol contribution jar on my fridge. This week starred Meow Mixx, Kiki (briefly), Digi, Squidward, Annie, Mack, Grade School Teacher and husband, and Kiki's little boy. I wish someone had told me that my place was the new hot spot.

The night was pretty good on average. I mean, there were a few scary spots involving a very honest but foot-in-mouth moment from Squidward. And once people are here, they don't like to leave, except of course the ones that were invited to stay.

A few highlights include:

-My bed's max. capacity inched up to 5. We were shooting for 9.
-Some creative decorating with fake spiderweb. At one time we webbed Kiki into her apartment.
-Digi finally saw the 'Bird Dance'.
-Someone (me) may haven driven thru my own yard to use the neighbors driveway, as I didn't feel like backing out of mine.
-I was in bed with Squidward...and Digi...(it wasn't dirty I swear).
-In a single sentence, 3 people were insulted.
-We did discover...brand new blender...doesn't work. It exploded and blender bits went everywhere.
-MM learned you can drink lemonade, Passion Fruit Malibu, vodka, and melon liqouer straight from the pitcher it was mixed in. (She wins the drunk award for the week)
-The game Catch Phrase is better drunk.
-This is the description given to egg plant. It's a dairy product that's a plant. Lil Boy gets second place in the drunk awards.
-'You be quiet now' is the best phrase ever.

It was 4 when I finally got to bed. And of course, the phone rang at 6 and I had company by 7. And I was out the door before 9 for the local scrapbook convention.

All in all a good time was had by all, but I did learn that some friends just don't mix.

9 comments:

Joe said...

Sha-zaam!

Girl Next Door said...

teehee...I totally forgot about that!!!

Girl Next Door said...

For those of you following along at home, Sha-zaam...is the official noise of Meow Mixxx's breasts...

Gordy said...

Wow, sounds like quite the party! Again, another night of revelry to which I was not invited!

I think I need to have some serious words with you gals.

Ren said...

I did the math... It would take exactly 15 hours of driving, plus two of resting, plus another two of peeing out the coffee I'd drink to get up there. 19 hours. If I leave on midnight on a given Thursday night, I can make it there for the Friday party. Excellent...
Should I bring protection? Get your minds out of the gutter people, I'm talking about a gun.

Girl Next Door said...

Gordy - I think Friday's have become an open invitation. Anytime you feel like making a trip, I promise you, people will be here.

LB - So should we call you on Thursday to give directions? And bring whatever protection feels right. Althou, no one has needed a gun yet. Just beer or a donation to the consumption fund.

Verfication word...artfbi

Girl Next Door said...

I think we may put the parties at Juicy's on hold this week, to seep out into the city and celebrate Juicy and Squidward's birthdays

Ren said...

Well, I kinda have this marathon to run on Saturday in Baltimore... But I will check to see when I have another 4-day weekend, and I am so there!
BTW, there might have to be a collection can for gasoline for me to get back.
Kiki, you win the drinking prize? That's my girl!

Girl Next Door said...

Well, Since I can't afford to leave my house ... I guess the party will be here.