Sunday, December 18, 2005

She Only Sleeps When It's Raining...

Music 101 boys and girls. Name that song. *game show music*

If you guessed Matchbox Twenty's 3 a.m., You have won this mornings prize. What do we have for them, Bob?

Well, you've won ... Friday's post.

I know. You are so overwhelmed.

Friday night I hosted my very first dinner party. I had about a dozen people. The night wass a blast. The food, the wine, the company, the wine, it was all wonderful. Did I mention there was wine? The evening was perfect. To be honest, the only thing I would have changed is that I wish Mr and MrsGiggles could have been there. Aside from that, the evening was wonderful. We had a little dinner, shared a few laughs, played a little Catch Phrase, and drank some wine.

The menu included:

  • Turkey
  • Stuffing
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Corn Souffle' (sp)
  • Fruit Salad
  • Sausage Balls
  • Rolls
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Assorted Munchies
  • Cheesecake
  • Snowman Cake
Wines Consumed:

  • Plum
  • Reisling
  • White Zin
  • Merlot
  • Lambrusco
  • Pinot
I must admit that I have fallen in love with the Plum wine that Miss Hector brought. It was heavenly.

I can't wait to do it again next year. Hopefully by then, I will have a slightly larger house to host it in. Not that eating in the living room wasn't fun, it worked out well. But a dining room would be nice.

No comments: