Saturday, December 31, 2005

Highlights And Lowlifes, Pt 2...

So here it is. The last day of 2005. Crazy. It's funny how everything can change in the span of 12 months. I live a different life today, then I did one year ago. I am a different person today, then I was a year ago.

Well, diving in...Here are my top 5 moments/experiences of 2005.

  1. And you open the door, and step inside - I lived a pretty sheltered life for awhile. I only ran with certain crowds, I would only talk to certain people, etc. Turns out I was missing out on a lot. I opened myself up to new people and experiences. As a result, I have gotten to know a wonderful group of people and have a beautifully diverse group of friends. Through that, I managed to experience a few things I might not have. Attend a few more parties, tried a few new things, dated a little even. I am so thankful that these people are a part of my life, and I don't think I tell them how much I appreciate their never-ending love. I am blessed with a wonderful family of friends. They are the only family I need most days. And I love each and everyone of them.
  2. Now boarding Flight 27, Non-stop to Orlando - I took my first real vacation. I took it alone. Sort of. I set my mind to visit my friend Lani in Florida and I did it. I traveled alone, which was terrifying honestly, but I am so glad I did this. I saw/did so much when I was there. I met Mickey Mouse, saw in the ocean, relaxed my ass off. I came back a healthier person.
  3. And nagging works - After throwing a royal piss fit with Godzilla, I was re-instated to my full-time status at work. I had been working full time since May and only receiving part-time benefits. By the time mid-September rolled around, I hit my limit. I felt cheated and misled, so I told them. And low and behold, less then a week later, I was pushed back to full-time.
  4. A new life on the way - This is not something that is directly happening to me, but I am so happy it is happening. Mr and MrsGiggles are expecting their first child. The news of this brought such a smile to my face. They had some fertility concerns, and this was exactly the blessing they were hoping for. Aunt Juicy wishes them all the best and sends all her love.
  5. Moving out - I finally released myself from a large portion of the hold my mother held unto me, by getting my own place. It's had it's ups and downs, hardships and good times, but it's been wonderful. I have a little less money (none) but I have a houseful of love, and sometimes that's all you need. I have 2 pretty wonderful people to keep me company and I couldn't ask for more.
The year was certainly an exciting one. I had lots of drama, some good, some bad. Some mine, some just took place in front of me. I am sure there are things I could change about the past year, but I wouldn't. They make me the person that sits here today, and I am growing a little more comfortable with her everyday.

I hope everyone has a truly wonderful New Year's Eve, surrounded by the people that mean the most to you. I wish you nothing but a absolutely blessed 2006.

All my love,
Juicy

1 comment:

Alissa said...

OK, SERIOUSLY...remember I'm preggers? I'm crying at work again!