Sunday, December 18, 2005

How About That...

Saturday's post already. All caught up. And it's only 4.30 in the morning. Color me impressed.

Saturday was spent cleaning up from below mentioned party. My house looks damn good right now. All clean and sparkly from candles. Almost weird with all it's furniture back (I had to move a lot of it to accommodate the tables for dinner).

I did a little Christmas shopping, wrapped most of the gifts in the house, contributed to the delinquency of a minor, almost made Xan cry, and did a couple loads of laundry. Not really in that order thou.

Xan opened the one and only gift that has made it into his stocking. I made him a little photo album with some of the memories from the past 6 months. That when when (if?) he moves to Cali next month, he can take a piece of all if us with him. This made us both a little teary eyed and sad.

Then I went ahead and said something that I swore I wouldn't. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't say anything that might possibly cast any shadow of negativity on the upcoming move. Tonight/Last night (depending on how you look at it) I opened my yap with out thinking and said something I instantly wish I hadn't.

"I am really going to hate it when you aren't here anymore."

Why did I say that? It instantly bummed us both out. I swore that I would be the one person who didn't give grief about this whole thing...And what did I do? I feel rotten about saying it. But...I am really going to miss him.

On the other hand, if happiness is Cali ... Safe travels, my friend. If someone has a chance to follow a dream and maybe make themselves happy along the way, I say go for it. No one else is going to make your dreams come true, gotta make it happen for yourselves.

I am getting used to friends leaving. I am getting much better at it. It looks like I am going to be adjusting to a whole lot of it coming up here. Annie and Mack are moving to Wausau. Xan's going to the West Coast. Meow and Mr. E are long gone. Kiki's thinking about moving to Chicago.

And the cheese stands alone.

BUT...Mr and MrsGiggles are moving back. So that makes me feel a lot less lonely. I can't wait to have them just a few miles down the freeway. Especially with them expecting, I can come visit right away after the baby is born. YAY!

Alright....It's quickly approaching 5 and I am finally getting droopy, sooooo.............

3 comments:

Joe said...

Mr and Mrs G are moving back? Cool beans. When?

Girl Next Door said...

Sometime this spring.

Alissa said...

April/May, depending on when the house sells! And let me tell you, I cannot wait!!!!!