Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Calling Into Active Duty...

Tonight we had a chance to see The Redneck Militia spring into action. But more about that in a second, let me give you the back story.

Living here in the northwoods, everyone in life must come to accept one fact.

YOU WILL HIT A DEER.

It happens to all of us at one time or another. We are outnumbered and they frequently over take the town. It will happen. Ask Mark, his first week back in WI, he nailed one.

That said, guess what my mom did tonight? That's right, deer. Well, everyone is fine. The car, well it's seen better days. The grill and passenger side headlight are gone, but it sounds worse then it looks. It seems to be leaking some fluid. In my vast car experience, I am ruling that it is not transmission fluid, anti freeze, or oil. But then again I am just a girl, and it was dark, so it really could have been anything. But cars get fixed.

So here's the real 'meat' of the story. By the time I met up with my mom, the troops had been called up.

As I sit here typing this The Redneck Militia (from here forward to be known as TRM), are stomping around in the woods, tracking said deer. It's mullets, busted up pick-ups, 40's of Milwaukee's Best, and flannel to the rescue!!! I picture these boys tromping around in the dark grunting, snorting, and reckonin' what they gonna go when they find that dern critter.

Ok, here's my take on it. Don't get me wrong, I love venison as much as the next northwoods kid, but come on. If it survives ripping the grill off a car, it deserves to be left alone to die on it's own terms.

I mean, what if it is some wierd alien hybrid of deer. Or what if this particular critter is set to star in it's own B- movie where it infects the entire town with CWD turning us all into zombies.

Ok, so I watch too many horror movies...

6 comments:

Ren said...

Well, if you do get Chronic Wasting Disease, you're either eating uncooked dear brains, grinding up said deer brains and spinal cord with your deer bologna, or skull-fucking the deer. DO NOT skull fuck the deer.

Girl Next Door said...

I knew I could count on you, to bring that pearl of wisdom to the table.

Joe said...

The Redneck Militia. That rules.

Girl Next Door said...

I did that just for you my friend.

Joe said...

I'm still geeking out about this. I picture in my head TRM filing out of a darkened tunnel like a football team while John Williams' "Summon The Heroes" plays over loudspeakers.

Girl Next Door said...

It's an entertaining sight.