Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Return of Black Friday...

In more then one sense honestly.

The Friday after Thanksgiving means the same thing to many people. Ass crack of dawn, door buster sales. I am no exception to this. I have a tradition every year that involves dragging my sorry ass out of bed at 4 a.m. to meet up with MrsGiggles, her mom and aunt. Then we head off to Wal-Mart for whatever the deal of the week is. The only thing that interested me was a 256MB memory card for $13.88! Can't go wrong there. Then it was off to JCPenny's, Fashion Bug, Payless, Sam Goody, Office Max and Walgreens. This was all before 9 a.m. It's not so bad when you are doing it, because I think I look so forward to it, that I don't notice how tired I am. I do enjoy the time spent with Mrs. Giggles. It's the only tradition we have left and I love it.

I scurried home to take a nap, which didn't happen and by 10:30, I was on the way to work. Work blew. It was really slow for a Friday after a holiday. After 6 loooong hours it was homeward bound to clean up my house a little before people started popping over.

Parts of the night made for awkward and tense moments that I care not to re-hash because I will only get upset again. But let's leave it at....there's always drama at my house. Fridays will never be the same to me if all my friends can't hang out. At some point in time thou, I did have to leave that not all my friends have to be friends with each other. I didn't think though, that being civil was out of the question, but what do I know?

Max Bed Capacity: One

3 comments:

Joe said...

Umm... I still love you. And everybody else for that matter.

Girl Next Door said...

You cheapened it by adding the everyone else.

Alissa said...

Friday's would be so much cooler if I could attend. We all know it.