Friday, November 25, 2005

Goddamn Over-Achievers...

So here I am reading the paper today. I see a picture of a guy I went to high school with. Picture him, your all-american boy next door jock. This boy was no average jock though, he was a god. Like a super-hero alien hybrid of jock. He deserves his own Saturday morning cartoon for heaven's sake. He was that cool. And whatever happen to Saturday morning cartoons, they used to be soo cool.

*breaks out in dance* I'm just a bill....Conjuction Junction, what's your function...The coolest class I had post high-school was this writing class and the teacher didn't want to teach that day so she threw in School House Rocks. It was the best day ever.

What was I talking about again? Oh, super jock.

In football, he still holds the conference record in both most yards rushing and rushing attempts. He lettered like 13 times in sports, named all-conference and all-state in basketball, football, and baseball. He went on to college football for Madison and baseball for Milwaukee. Athletic success followed him in his colligate career as well, he was once the Wisconsin Offenisve Player of the year and played on the 1999 team that went to the Rosebowl. The guy did it all and made it look easy.

As if that wasn't enough, he was just named head coach to MSOE's baseball team.

I would hate him if he weren't so damn likable. He always said hi and smiled at everyone. He was the kind of guy in high school that didn't care who you hung out with or what brand your shoes were. He was the Homecoming King, Prom and Winter Ball king and nobody hated him. You just couldn't, he was just a nice guy. I can honestly say, the only reason I know so much is he was cute as hell! I mean seriously, this guy was Jake Ryan personified (and if you don't know who that is, I can't speak to you anymore).

I have to wonder what their mom fed the boys in this family. His older brother went on to play professionally for both the Colts and the Redskins until an ankle injury sidelined him. He also is cute, which explains the knowledge of his doings.

Boys like this make small time bank tellers look like slackers. Oh wait...

6 comments:

Joe said...

MSOE has a baseball team? Who knew?

Mark said...

So he was a lineman at UW the same time as my best friend from high school was a lineman there.

Since all the lineman were buds, that makes them buds and that's like a 7 degrees of Joefish. Or something like that..

Joe said...

I like playing 7 degrees of Joefish.

Girl Next Door said...

It is a fun game, is it not?

Mark said...

I think he is confusing what I'm talking about with "7 Shakes of Joe's Fish", which I'm not interested in at all.

Girl Next Door said...

Ya, I am totally not sponsoring anything involving fish shaking on my blog. Just never going to happen.