Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Road Trippin'...

Friday morning it was off to the Twin Cities. For once Annie and I were ready ahead of schedule and were on the road an hour before scheduled. I know, we rock.

The ride there was mostly un-news-worthy. Except for the dumb assed cell phone talking Lexus driving twat who almost ran us off the road.

The Giggles' were at the System of a Down concert, so we were left to fend for ourselves in the bustling city of Buffalo. We went to Target because you can always find something there...I got window clings and an adorable Halloween table cloth. Let the decorating begin. I also bought my first box of Christmas cards. I can't believe they were out already.

We had dinner at Applebee's and were off the Wal-Mart. The rest of the night was like any other night at home really....laundry, movies...

They got home around 12.30 and we hung out for a few minutes and all collapsed.
Saturday we were up and about bright and early. I dunno...like 9. Puddled around the house. Went out to grab some lunch at Culver's. When we got back, MrGiggles had returned from work and was trying desperately to nap. So we did the next logical thing. Climbed in bed with him. Might be the first time he ever shared his bed with 3 women. Needless to say, no napping took place. So he got out of bed and played with his brand new 9 mm gun.

After a bit we headed to IKEA. Love that store. Got the lamp I was in search of, and a bamboo plant. And spent less then $15!

Had dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. OMG... fantastic. I can't say enough about this place. They have an awesome atmosphere. We had a blast from the time we walked in the door. The food was awesome. All of the entrees came with soup/salad, bread and ice cream. And Shockingly enough it was resonably priced.

Aside from the food, and the atmosphere and the company of course. There are two points to talk about.

There was a Gophers game, and they must have won because people were celebrating everywhere. One guy even fell drunk out of his chair!!! All of his friends just kind of laughed at him, as he quickly (well, drunk quick that is) picked himself up.

Point 2. The hair in my food. Quite near the end of the meal, I was just pushing my food around and came across a teeny tiny hair. EW. The waitress promptly got the manager, who informed me my meal was free. YAY!! Makes you wonder if that was the only hair thou. I tried not to think about it too much, because it was just fantastic!!!

The weather was some what icky on the way home. Visibility sucked. But nothing terrible. It's always sad to come home. I always miss them the second I leave. But the sooner I leave, the sooner next time rolls around.

My next venture out there will be in November with mi madre for Christmas shopping at the Mall of America. Hopefully MrsGiggles can make it out.

No comments: