Thursday, September 22, 2005

Popping The Cherry...

So last night was the imfamous Cherry Monroe concert. Imfamous meaning the first time I ever mentioned it was last night. I had my doubts, because they only have one single on the radio and the tickets were free. But then again, it's free...why the spork not go? Not having fun, just go home.

It proved to be one hell of a good time.


Kiki and I were a little uncomfortable when we got there orginally because we were the tallest people there. It was an open aged show and there where alot of 'younger' kids there. I was actually the only person for awhile wearing the bar wristband. I was lost in a sea of blue 'Get yo ass away from the bar area' dots.

Boxkar opened up the show and my age instantly showed. I looked at Kiki and shouted, "Does it have to be so loud?" Talk about aging yourself. But in my defense, it was so loud that you couldn't hear them. We took video (teehee) and you actually heard them much better on the video off the camera. They were good, but I am sure we would have enjoyed them more if we knew who they were.

When the night started out, Kiki and I were kinda hanging out in the back. By the end of the night, we were taking out 14 year old girls to get to the front. But they pushed first, so that makes it ok. We were close enough that we got sweated on. Ok, it's gross but kinda cool on some level. I did take a shower before bed FYI.

Cherry Monroe was AWESOME!!! I was honestly surprised. The only have one single out right now 'Satellites', so we really didn't know what to expect.

I could write so much more about the night, but I am not going too. A good time was had by all. They were a little punker then we expected, to the extent that they indivually wore more make up then Kiki and I combined. But then they sweat it off, and we could see their inner hotness.
I have had the best luck with concerts in the past.

Kiki and I were able to meet the lead singer, Matt Toka. So hot! It was wierd because we just kinda walked up to him and asked for it...not really patient enough to wait for the autograph line. He was all cool about it. And a Miller Lite drinker too. Wise Man. They were hosting an after-party in the bar after the show, and because someone wasn't 21...I couldn't go. Grr.

No matter....Here are some pictures. Ok never mind....Blogger hates me. I'll post them tonight.

4 comments:

Alissa said...

Who can resist a Miller man?!

Girl Next Door said...

I know....and his teeny tiny tushie didn't hurt either

Girl Next Door said...

We can go to Madison...

My verifaction word was...leeumo....kinda fun

Girl Next Door said...

Leeumo pronounced Laymoo if french for the cow.