Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Green Does Not Look Good On Me...

I hung out with Meox Mix and Prof. Snape last night. While balancing their checkbooks, Prof. Snape switched out the CD players in my car. I was overjoyed to have MY player in my car. There was nothing wrong with the other one, it was just old and not mine. MM wanted to go bowling so very bad, while in transit, MM split a nail and ripped it so it was not to get caught while bowling. Well, it went a little deep and she bled some. When we got to the bowling alley PS's germ phobia kicked in and we ended up leaving. Because whether or not she bandaged it or not, he had insisted she was not sticking her hand in a bowling ball. We piled back in the car and I listened to them argue about what we were going to do. We ended up going to diner at this casual italian place. And dinner was fine, until it was time for them to argue about who was going to pay. The arguement spilled out into the car. Then off to the video store....where you guessed it...more fighting. We ended up getting Closer, Final Cut, and Meet the Fockers. We stopped and checked out the new apartment they are going to be moving into, and I was instantly jealous. So much, that I couldn't keep it secert. It is FANTASTIC!! It's over this bakery downtown, which in addition to being warm (their current place is always chilly because the radiator is in one room...with no heating vents in other rooms.), it always smells great. It has all these interesting angles...and it's just wonderful. Well, then PS went downstairs because the landlord was downstairs and he wanted to go talk to him. Well, by the time PS got back to the car, the rent had gone up a little...you guessed it more fighting. Get to the house, still fighting. PS storms out and comes back a short time later, they go into the bedroom to talk and I guess they are still moving. All the arguing was very tiring. And then I got home, all I heard about all night was How good Anthony did last night. I rushed home because I set the VCR and the #$%!*&^ tape, which was programmed for the right time, didn't start taping until after Constantine!!! I completely missed my Anthony. But from watching the recap, I think Constantine or Carrie will be leaving this week.

Which leaves me at the fact that I know at the end of May, MM & PS current apartment will be empty June 1st. It has it's problems. The bathroom is TINY! It's the size of my closet no kidding. Like when you are ...doing your thing...you can reach and touch the wall and not have to strech any.... There is no place to store any extra towels, there is no room for anything resembling a makeup case (and I have two small 'train cases'), I can't see 2 peoples hair products fitting in there. Let alone towels for two people. There is only one heat source in the house. It's in the living room and doesn't heat the bedrooms (which are smallish) well, or at all if you happen to shut the bedroom door. There are no rain gutters, so the rain off the roof has completely rotted the back step out. And don't even get me started on the nieghbors (who are moving in October). Parking is an issue. MM and PS have small cars, there would be 2 full size cars parking in a spot previously occupied by 2 small cars in a shared spot with 2 other cars. In it's defense, the rent is $350 for a 2 bedroom. But is it worth it?

3 comments:

Joe said...

Yes, it's worth it. Get out.

Alissa said...

digi...you took the words out of my mouth. Or fingers...whatever...anyway...JUST DO IT ALREADY. It's all workable.

Girl Next Door said...

I am calling the land lord tomorrow.