Monday, April 25, 2005

A Case Of The Mondays...

If you ever saw Office Space, you understand what I mean.

My day was perfectly fine, until I got to the office. Then little started going wrong. Like I got here and because of Sociable and Chicken in a Biscuit, the morning had not gone smoothly. Sociable is not the best person to work with most days, because she has generally no personality and nothing nice to say. Just a bitch. And well, Chicken, let's just say ... Prozac is her friend. She is in la-la land like 90% of the time. Evidently, between the 2 of the them they still could not form one normal person. So everyone seemed truly delighted to see me.

Well, I balanced my drawer at noon. And the sign of a great day is you balance out. Well, by 1:30, I had cocked that all up. Well, anytime you have $50 or more in cash variances, you must get a supervisor to audit you (joy of joys) and approve your offsetting transaction to get your drawer to balance out. So I was supposed to go to lunch at 1, here it is 1:45...Lunches never run on time when you are hungry...Something always goes wrong. So I am needing someone of authority to look at my drawer...And I can find no one. Finally at 2:15, I got someone over to help me and was on my way to lunch by 2:30.

I am just excited to be leaving the building, super hungry...and I get stuck waiting on the train that is at a dead stop on the tracks. Just as I consider throwing the car in reverse and turning around....4 people pull up and box me in. 10 minutes slowly ticked by...and when it's your time....it goes by at warp speed. (if that makes any sense). I get home (finally), throw my soup in the microwave, put the dogs out, go to get the crackers...there are none. Now I am just annoyed. Soup and no crackers?!?!? Alright, now I thinking people are just fucking with me. I got to take a spoonful of soup, and there must have been an air bubble...because hot soup splattered me in the face, burning me a little by my eyebrow. I am suddenly not hungry.

I get back to work and attack the lovely task of calling all the customers who got cash back today. First of all, you feel like a complete moron calling them. The teller from the bank that waited on you calls and asks you to verify your cash back, your first instinct is to ask if there is a problem. Well, I of course can not answer that question. I can't have you not answering honestly. So the convo went like this.

Me: "Is Mr. Smith there?"
You: "This is"
M: "This is (insert teller name), from (insert your bank). I waited on you today and I was just calling to see if you verified your cash back you recieved today."
Y: "Oh, is there a problem?"
M: "Oh, no...we are just randomly making customer service calls today, and your name happened to be pulled."

etc...

You would be surprised how many people are careless with their money...either they don't know how much they were to have gotten back...or they just throw it in their purse or wallet/toss it on the car seat and think nothing of it. Here's a tip...we are only human...check your cash back.

So, that's the story of my day. I have the beer in the fridge waiting for me at home...I am off tomorrow, so I am going home to get drunk alone. How sad is that?

2 comments:

Girl Next Door said...

This pint of ice cream is helping my mood a bunch actually.

CheekyMoo said...

Good lord! I go to the bank and watch them count, and then I count too. More than once. Sounds like an awful Monday. Tuesday sounds busy too. I love Office Space, that movie is hilarious. I want to be that way..just not care anymore.