Sunday, July 23, 2006

Destination Unknown...

Last night did not go as planned.

Josh and I did make it out to dinner. With Melanie. It was revealed at dinner that we had some stuff to discuss, but he didn't want to talk about it with me until he had a few drinks in him. I am not going to lie. It didn't sound good. I got nervous. We are all sitting there and Melanie let it out that she didn't have alot of cash and needed help covering dinner. Nice.

We didn't make the movie, because dinner at one of the best establishments in town took FOREVER! I really wanted to go see Clerks last night. Oh well. Another day, I imagine.

Well, since we didn't get to the movie, we made plans to meet in a little bit at our favorite bar and see where the night takes us.

Melanie wanted to quick stop at a friend's house party, which was ok by me. Until we got there and the reason we were actually there became clear. Her ex was there. After leaving the party and going to meet with Josh, I knew way ahead of time, that she was going to ditch me. We had driven together and I had no car, but I knew she was going to ditch me.

Right on cue, after her 1st drink, she announced she was leaving. Josh sensing my instant annoyance, drove me back home to get my car.

I love Mel to death, but she is a dramatic little girl. She puts herself in stupid places because she is scared of being single. I was almost relieved that she left, I wasn't going to have to hash over all night, what him looking at her might have meant, etc. I didn't have to babysit. So that was alright. I was free to enjoy myself.

Josh and I headed to another one of our favorite drinking establishments and spend the rest of the evening there. I spent the majority of my time chatting with my favorite Young politican. The man is a bastard, he is ruthless, he is smooth, and cunning. And he is a hell of a lot of fun. Josh and I just kept tabs on each other and entertained ourselves by texting some what catty comments back and forth across the bar.

Well, when the aspiring president was in the bathroom, I heard a voice behind me ask if we could talk. I knew the voice to be familiar but I wasn't expecting the person who was standing there.

Kiki's ex-boyfriend.

So here I was, being pulled aside in a busy bar, by a friend's ex and his friends. Nothing like being put on the spot. Thankfully, the boy was drunk and I didn't have to deal with him a long time. He asked a lot of questions that I could not answer and not because I didn't know the answer. I didn't want to meddle. He asked who Josh was. I was vague and the only answer I gave him was, "Josh is a good friend of mine." This seemed ok. He continued pouring his heart out to me and I sincerely felt bad for the guy. He has feelings for Kiki. It's gotta hurt going through what he is. But since I don't date, I wouldn't know.

Then Mel showed up. He cornered Mel and pulled her aside, leaving me with one of his friends. A very drunk friend. Who took the last $7 I had sitting on the table and then asked if he could buy me a drink. Smooth. Josh sensing I was in some distress came over at the perfect time and wrapped himself around me. Mel and the ex returned and damn near insisted that I head to the bar where ever one ends up to drink and oogle the opposite sex. I promised I would try to make it, knowing that I wasn't hanging out with them, under free will.

Well, the night went on and Josh's wingman appeared and the drinks started to flow pretty fast. I didn't actually pay for them anymore, which is spectacular. Knowing the bartenders in this town, has gotten me far.

Next thing, I knew. I was in the passenger seat of my car, and we were headed back to my house. When I say we, I mean, Wingman, Tomtom, Josh and some guy I knew...but didn't know. It was fun none the less. The night started to get a little fuzzy at this point. I am not even really sure how we voted to come to my place. Well, it probably has to do with the fact that Josh hates his house (that he is moving out of today) and my place is cleaner. Kiki showed up at this point, and we all sat around...doing our thing.

For whatever reason, Josh and I were outside and he decided to check his blood sugar (type 1 diabetic). It was dangerously low. He technically should not have been standing even really. After debating the situation rather quickly, it was voted that we were the most aware of our state of beings that we would have to be the ones who took him to get some sugar. So we hopped in the car, no explanations, just went. We felt bad but it was kind of an emergency. It wasn't until after we got to the gas station and was pumping Josh full of orange juice that we noticed that neither of us had any shoes on. Thankfully, we knew the attendant and he didn't seem to care either way.

After the small emergancy had been resolved our morning continued. At about 6, people started to get alittle tired. Wingman and Tomtom headed out in search of the elusive egg mcmuffin and Josh began to get a little concerned about working in a few hours. We sent him in the bedroom to nap, while Kiki and caught each other up on our nights.

Once Josh was snoozing away, Kiki departed and I curled up next to Josh. I set my alarm for him but neither of us really slept. We just kinda of drifted in and out of states of awareness. Being a guy is easy as hell as far as getting ready for work. He was able to wait to leave for work until 9 minutes before his shift started. It was kinda funny. Quick peck on the cheek and he was gone, but not before he whispered that he owed me a talk. I was shocked he remembered and owned up to it.

So yea, that's not exactly the dinner and a movie I had planned.

Today, I am helping Josh move. It's not exactly what I want to be doing. You see, part of 'the talk' that Josh and I are going to have is probably going to cover him moving. And not moving in with me as discussed. I know he feels bad about kinda leaving me hanging, so I know that's what he wants to talk about. Well, that and we need to talk about a trip we had planned to take together that I am pretty sure he is bitching out on. When I called him on it, he said he was 80% sure that he was going but we would talk about it later.

So now that I don't know how to end this MONSTER blog, I am going to get in the shower.

Kisses!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dramamine is anti-drama medication, right?

Girl Next Door said...

If I didn't have their drama, I don't think I'd have much else left.

Ren said...

*Munching on some oreos* Mmmm... Dinner theatre!

Girl Next Door said...

Entertaining, no?

Ren said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»