Saturday, March 18, 2006

Remember, Remember the 5th of November*...

*Should be titles Movie Mumblings, but this is cooler*

Going to a movie is a strange experience. You sit in the dark, a faceless shadow. No different then the faceless shadow next to you. You have gathered for one reason. To escape. To be entertained.

What's amazing is when you have a low expectation of a movie, and find it to be mind blowing. V for Vendetta was that movie for me. I expected little. I had just hours before read a scathing review giving the movie a mere 2 stars. Kiki so calmly reminded me that, I seldom agree with critics. This is one of those cases. This movie was the first movie I have seen in awhile where as I was exiting the theatre, I was trying to figure out when I could purchase it.

If you listen to nothing else I say to you, see this movie.

Even if this movie blew major ass, I totally saw $7 worth of previews. Summer movie season is going to rock!!!

And as far as movies this weekend, I am going to watch Jarhead, Cellular, Vampire Hunter D (try again to watch this), and Snow Day.

2 comments:

Dirty Bunny said...

Once again, I wish we could've found a sitter.

Girl Next Door said...

I sense a growing theme here.