Sunday, March 19, 2006

Behind These Hazel Eyes...

I was listening to the song 'Count on Me' by Default (I love them), and it got me thinking about the kind of friend I am. And that got me thinking about the person I am. It got me thinking about the person I wish sometimes I was.

So this was born.

I am the girl who will give you everything. Until I have nothing left.
I am the girl who will pick you up when you fall.
I am the girl who will support you unconditionally.
I am the girl who will be there when it counts.
I am the girl who will be your best friend.
I am the girl who will be there first and leave last.
I am the girl who loves with her whole being.
I am the girl who can see good in every human being. Even the vile ones.
I am the girl who is your rock.
I am the girl who is the most patient.
I am the girl who wishes on stars.
I am the girl who has an opinion about everything.
I am the girl who is the strongest in the room.
I am the girl who can laugh at herself.
I am the girl who can make you laugh.
I am the girl who will dry your tears.
I am the girl who will bring you soup if you are sick.
I am the girl who will stand beside you. Right or wrong.
I am the girl who knows the difference between standing behind you and standing beside you.
I am the girl who is smarter then she lets on.
I am the girl who wants more for you. And then herself.

I am the girl who might never break out.
I am the girl who is scared to take a risk.
I am the girl who is dumber then she lets on.
I am the girl who gets annoyed easily.
I am the girl who analyzes risk until it's not relevant anymore.
I am the girl who lets her fears silence her.
I am the girl who overthinks until she loses sleep.
I am the girl who cries when no one is looking.
I am the girl who is least likely to be a bride. Or a mother.
I am the girl who gives until she has nothing left.
I am the girl who never gave herself a chance.
I am the girl who makes snap judgements and sticks to them.
I am the girl who will not stand up for herself.
I am the girl who will let you take advantage of her.
I am the girl who frequently keeps her opinions to herself.
I am the girl who quits when things get tough.
I am the girl who hides behind who she is.


It's amazing that these two sides can even be the same person. These two form the person that I am. The good and the bad. So there I am, take me or leave me (but don't leave me).

I guess there wasn't a whole lot of point to this post.

10 comments:

Ren said...

Ah, yes... The duality of man. Or, in this case, woman. We all have our dark and light sides. I seem to be darker, because I'm from Texas. There's balance in the Universe, why not in us?

HST said...

I TAKE YOU I TAKE YOU. I take you 100 times:):)

Girl Next Door said...

Sounds dirty.

Joe said...

You are not, however, the girl who will bring me tacos.

Girl Next Door said...

I am the girl who will find entertainment in your hunger

Alissa said...

I think that's a cool post...at least you know who you are. That's more than most of us can say!

Girl Next Door said...

It's funny, for a girl who is accussed of not knowing who she is...I seem to have a pretty good idea.

HST said...

oh, yeah I guess that did sound kind of lesbionic on my part. But seriously I adore you. and if you wanted me to turn lesbian I would definately consider it.

Girl Next Door said...

Er. I am flattered. I think.

Girl Next Door said...

And lesbionic??

That's a whole other kind of Comic Book Superhero.