Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's All About The Sale...

And suprisingly enough, this has nothing to do with shopping.

As all bankers know, there is this magic word called, referrals. Every bank has them. Every bank, or business even needs them. The truth in banking is that the more products and services you have with your institution, the less likely you are to leave them. Simply because, it's too much effort to switch it all over. But that's not the point. The point lies in the fact that everyone in banking, I don't care who you are, is expected to be a referral god.

Well, at my institution, I have become a force to be reckoned with. I am the best seller in the branch. You want something sold....you talk to me. That's just the truth. It started out as a financial advantage for me. The more I sold, the more money I made. This is still true, because let's face it, I don't show up everyday because it's fun. I am there to get paid. And pay me they shall. But now it's moved beyond that. Somewhere along the way, I turned into this machine.

Our sales progress is tracked monthly on a chart with little stars (just like grade school). At first I found this a little demeaning. Now it's a driver. I will have the most stars every month, so by definition, I will have the highest payout every month. I can't stand having less stars then anyone else.

Ask MrsGiggles, I find oppourtunities to sell everywhere. But in her case, I was just being a smart ass. Today, I basically sold snow to an eskimo. And they bought it to make snowcones with. I am pretty damn proud of myself actually.

To be honest, I am working on honing my sales skills. A teller who can sell is a valueable assett. If I want to leave here, I need to be able to market myself. So I figure if I can get a little practice in and get paid to do it, rock on.



8 comments:

Mark said...

Good job!

What's with the italics?

I'm a little grumpy today.

Girl Next Door said...

I can't make it go away.

Dirty Bunny said...

I think that you, being the valuable asset that you are, should suggest full-time. Bastards.

Do you see the way officer Poncerelli is shaking his finger at you?

Maybe you can get frisked if you don't let up on the italics.

Girl Next Door said...

Bunny - I am full-time. Have been since October.

Mark said...

Way to stay with the program DB.


*shakes finger*

Dirty Bunny said...

See, I didn't know this.

Listen, Ponch....

Yeeeeah, that's all I have to say.

Okay up all your asses. Except you, Juicy, 'cuz I know you're not mean.

Girl Next Door said...

I might not have mentioned it....I threew a piss fit in Godzilla's office back in October...and they had no choice.

Dirty Bunny said...

Good for you! I love that you don't mince words. You and Joe have a tallent for that sort of thing. I admire that, because so often, but I'm getting MUCH better at not doing it, I consider the other person's feelings more than my own.