Friday, March 03, 2006

Movie Mumblings...

Lots of movies to update you on. Pretty Persuasion, The Baxter, The Princess Bride, Better Off Dead, and Cripple Masters.

PP: Shockingly entertaining. I have been all about strange indie films lately and this is one of them. Paul Rudd as a creepy prep school teacher, good stuff. I liked it a lot, but it’s not for everyone.

TB: A Baxter is in essence a nice guy who finishes last. But in the end he gets exactly what he needs. I was surprised to see Michelle Williams in this movie; she continues to amaze me with her candid performances. Again, weird indie flick, not for everyone.

PB: How did I grow up in the 80’s and never see this? It was ok.

BOD: How did you grow up in the 80’s and not see this movie? It’s awesome! I love John Cusak. TWO DOLLARS!!!

CM: Bad Kung fu. That’s all I have to say there.

I am hoping to squeeze in Pride and Prejudice and Walk The Line before Sunday in case I want to change my Oscar pics.

Top of the Netflix list looks like this, Akira (anime), Seamless, Cellular, Roll Bounce, and Vampire Hunter D (also anime). Should be interesting.

No comments: