Thursday, March 30, 2006

Let The Rain Fall Down...

The first rain of spring. It's amazing how I waited for this and it finally arrived today. I was in the car. It felt good to be driving in it. I rolled the window down, so I could feel it against my skin. For just a few minutes, I felt completely at peace with the world. It was incredibly relaxing and perfect. I was listening to the perfect CD at the time. I drove right past my destination in favor of just driving. When I reached the highway again, I contemplated just going. No where, drive just to drive and see where I end up. Take a left when I should take a right, just to discover. I thought it better to just come home instead.

I had a pretty perfect day. Did you miss me? I first got up at like 6 and then went back to bed, when I got up at 8:30, I was running late. After a quick shower, I was out the door. Renee and I headed up to Minocqua. Stop number 1 was La Baquette. I think I left my heart there. Tarts = good. I am going to wager that french bakery, in general = good.

We were then off to Trish's. Renee fell in love there. She couldn't take enough in, and she can't wait to go back. In fact, it's all she talked about most of the afternoon. It was a nice little visit with Trish. Hearing her story about seeing a new "doctor" yesteday, made my heart ache. Why do all the best people in the world get the short end of the stick? It's just not fair. She is an amazing woman, she takes it all in stride with as much grace as her body will allow her. And for that, I will always admire her. She's one of the most wonderful people I know. And her husband Joe, well, he's pretty amazing too. He is going through alot right now, mostly because there's no clear answer as to what is going on, and still he has a smile. If you don't know them, you don't know what you are missing.

We were then off to Gaslight Square to the store "Remember When". It's a retro dream come true. And a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" palace. Over the last few weeks, I have just seen things differently and I have suddenly a very clear image in my mind on decorating, and it will be retro and fantastic...when the time comes.

After a divine lunch of cheeseburgers, we went to this scrapbook store and spent an hour just wandering. I have this picture of a friend that I just adore and I was hoping for inspiration. I should have brought the photo with. Perhaps if I had seen it against paper, I could have made a choice. But I did find this sticker that said "cookie lover" that is pretty perfect and I had to buy it.

We had to scurry back to pick her kids up from school and it was something so simple but it was beautiful and heart breaking for me all at the same time. Watching children run to their parents excited to tell them about the day past, was beautiful. It made me sad. Will I ever get that chance? Her boys are adorable. The sound of children's voice and giggles filled my car, and somewhere in the deafening noise, I just had to smile. However their adorableness wore off when her oldest asked, "Auntie June, how come you aren't married? You seem so cool, and I think you are pretty. So why don't you get married?" She scurried her boys inside before I could even process the question. We sat and talked for a few minutes while I played with her kitties and then I headed home. The rain was just the perfect cap on the afternoon. I am going to try my hardest to make sure that nothing happens tonight to take anything away from this day.

And if you stuck it out to the end of this monster...I give you alot of credit.

6 comments:

Mark said...

I don't want to hear you bitch when some electronic component fails in your car.

Joe said...

Hilary Duff? Are you kidding me? Who are you and what have you done with my sister?

Dirty Bunny said...

Mark~rofl
What music were you listening to?

Just curious.

Girl Next Door said...

Mark - you make me laugh.

Joe - Kitten already stole Garbage in her post today.

DB - Jamie Cullum

HST said...

I had one of those nights when I was traveling a couple weeks ago. Went for a walk around downtown and for an hour or so I just felt SO GOOD! There's serious power in that.

Girl Next Door said...

HST - I am kinda excited for July now!!!