Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Movie Mumblings...

I watched ALOT of movies this weekend. It was something to occupy my mind, and I do love the movies. I saw Underworld 2, 28 Days Later, Closer, Sixteen Candles, Wicker Park, Tomb Raider and The Chronicles of Narnia.

UW2: Joe treated me out to this one, and the best part of the night, Sour Patch Kids. Trust me. I loved the 1st Underworld. Vampires, Werewolves, all things of the dark side of the night appeal to me.

I feel about this movie the same way I felt after the second Matrix. Cheated and empty.

It coulda been cool. But I imagine the first kid with Chicken Pox thought that too.

28DL: You know, I have seen this movie no less then 10 times, and I love it more everytime. It's raw, and addresses a very real fear. What if you woke up and the world had ended? This movie isn't so much about the infection, but the aftermath and the fear that comes with it.

Closer: This is not everyone's cup of tea. There are no special effects, no interesting camera angles, it's very dry. It dissects the guts of human relationships. It shows how much sex can confuse things. I love it. Despite the fact that Julia Roberts is in it, though, she does drop the 'C' word a couple of times.

SC: If you haven't seen this, Kiki and I shall beat you upside the head. It won't be fun.

WP: Well, it was exactly like you'd expect a Josh Hartnet suspense film to be. Predictable. It too had potential. I think with a little plot tweaking...it could have been something.

TR: The only thing I brought away from this movie is Angelina is not a chick I wanna cross. Other then that this movie wasn't interesting enough for me to put my magazine down.

Narnia
: This movie was beautiful. It brought a childhood classic to life for me. From what I remember it was very true to the story that we all loved as kids.

Here's what the top 10 in my Netflix list is looking like...The Corpse Bride, Cinderella Man, Queer as Folk: Season 1 (so addicted), Bad News Bears, Valiant, The Baxter, Pretty Persuasion, Cellular, Rebound and Roll Bounce. I only have semi high hopes for about 4 of these disks, but we shall see.

No comments: