Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dentally Damned...

So if you recall, back in the summer, I set a record for dental cavities.

Today was my check-up. They were quick to remind me that there was unfinished work in there. Well, $3000, I bet there is.

I get done at one time what my insurance covers and then go from there.

Well, thankfully, there was no additional damage. But the hygenist frightened me.

It was suggested that I cut back my caffeine intact today. Not because coffee and soda are bad for your teeth, but apparently I have high blood pressure.

A couple of things here. Does your dentist check your BP for a check up? Second, don't they think being in that damn chair is enough to cause your BP to spike?

And why do they insist on talking to you when they have their hands in my mouth up to their wrists?

So I don't know what I am going to do about the BP thing, because it was pretty high today. I am not in a caffeine-giving-up kinda of place, so maybe I will just cut out salt and just eat more greens for now. But I think getting my stress under control just might be the key.

But it raises some serious health concerns for me, because I have always had really good blood pressure. I don't think I am really ready for a heart attack.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

HOLY CRAP! You did blog a lot!!

Anonymous said...

Dentists suck. I too have to limit work done. Just the other day I got 4 old fillings replaced. Next year I get to have another root canal. (By the way, $1800 a pop.) Then they have the balls to suggest teeth whitening. I'm thinking...let's start with having them not fall out or cause me pain first. I could give two shits if my teeth were purple.

Girl Next Door said...

I dunno...purple teeth are kinda hot