Tuesday, January 24, 2006

An Afternoon With Mommy Dearest...

I have never seen that movie....but it seems like I should.

I hadn't been over to Mom's lately, so I told her I would come over on Monday and relax with her. Little did I know, what I thought was going to be free laundry day, turned out to in fact be 'Serve Mom' Day.

I got there and was quickly whisked to the grocery store. 'Can you grab that?' 'I need this, it's on the other side of the store, do you mind?' An exasperating trip later, we were on our way back to her house.

'Would you mind carrying in those groceries?' 'Can you get me a glass of soda?' 'Can you go down to the garage and grab the ham for dinner out of the freezer?' 'Honey, before you sit...'

AHHHHHHHH!!!

I wonder if the free laundry was worth it? I did have 3 loads and no laundry money so I imagine it was. I will say though, that I am going to hell based on the next fact. When she sent me to the garage freezer to get the ham for dinner, I did steal a few packages of meat. teehee!

While I was there, the mail came. I mentioned that Neckred got a tax form in the mail. To which I was astonished to here that he was waiting for 5 before he could process his taxes. 5! Can you believe it? I haven't ever had more then 2...and that's only if I switched jobs mid-year. 5! Crazy.

She invited me for dinner and the truth of the matter is that, I don't really have any food at home. Passing on a free meal would have been foolish. It was tasty as always, but a little akward.

I did learn that I can never move back home. Times might be tough right now, but I don't think I could ever go back there again. I couldn't live my life under that much control. Don't get me wrong, I love her. But the woman is a trip. If you think I am a drama queen, you should meet the master. I got nothing on this woman.

6 comments:

Joe said...

But... but... she loves you!

Girl Next Door said...

She loves me so much, she just wants me around everyday.

Alissa said...

You're right, your drama has nothing on her, but you did learn from the best! :-) teeheehee....

You can live in my basement...if we ever move!

Anonymous said...

None of us will ever turn you away. We no what evil lurks. tee hee

HST said...

No daughter can ever surpass her mother, they are the ultimate drama queens. my mother is the same way juicy, believe me.

Girl Next Door said...

MG - IF? I hate that word.

Barb - Evil is an appropriate word.

HST - Lets hope.