Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Movie Mumblings...

So last night I watched The Fantastic Four again. I saw it in the theaters when it first came out, and wasn't impressed in the least. I decieded to give it another chance and before long, it arrived at my door.

Well, it was less impressive the second time around. All the elements of a good movie are there. Comic book superheros even come with their own built-in fan base. It's almost a never fail formula.

This movie takes far too much time setting up the story instead of getting right in the dirty dirty. There is way too much of the emotional side to it. The movie is half over before you see anything 'super hero' happen.

It by far was not the worst movie I have ever seen. It was still far better then the Deuce Bigalow's and Jeepers Creepers of the world. Truth be known, it was a super long trailer for the sequel. And there will be one....because well, it's hollywierd. And if Deuce Bigalow and Jeepers Creepers get sequels, everybody can have one.

I fell asleep on the couch last night watching Clueless. God, I love that movie.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dearest juicy, where oh where have you been?

Girl Next Door said...

Nice to know I have been missed.

Anonymous said...

You have, what the hell?!?

Michael said...

I thought it was more impressive on DVD. At least now you can pause and rewind the scenes where Chris Evans is mostly naked. It's much harder to do that at the theater.

Girl Next Door said...

Danny...you are mean.

Michael...I completely agree.

Joe said...

I still say the first twenty minutes of Jeepers Creepers were brilliant. Too bad the rest of it sucked.