Friday, January 13, 2006

Adventures Of A Party Planner, Pt. 1...

This could be a long series tonight...

Well, tonight is Xan's surprise going away party. And if I did everything right, he has no clue. Firstly, one must appreciate just how tough it is to throw a surprise party when you live with the person. It's not the keeping the secret part that is hard (although I had/have my doubts as to whether it's still a secret), it's the hiding all the stuff. Ever try to hide CASE of soda and beer? How about jell0-shots? A giant tray of taco dip?

These are not easy things to hide. I would like to think I rose to the challenge.

The phone has been ringing quite a bit and I am getting excited...I don't think we are going to have ALOT of people...But a fair amount.

So here's my funny story of the night (so far). Since Xan is moving to California next week *sniff sniff tear I'm Sad*, we had this idea of snow play. No snow in California....so we shall take to the snow and play like kiddies! Well, we also had this idea of white christmas lights glistening in the snow. I drug my feet on this part. So here I am, trudging through the snow in the dark stringing lights across the snow...in my OPEN TOPPED SNEAKERS!!! What a dumb ass! I have this open topped workout sneakers that I wear everywhere. I thought these were the best foot wear for this. Not my new snow boots. My workout shoes. What a dumb girl. So needless to say, I have cold, wet feet right now.

I am a little concerned about the cars attracting some attention. This is where Kiki comes into play. I just told him this evening that Kiki was having some people over and it might get kind of loud tonight. He gave me this WTF do I care who the neighbor has over? look...I was amused.

I am bummed that our friend Tiff from the Island City north of here, can't make it tonight. She is dealing with some very scary health problems, I am concerned for her. I think we shall go visit her Sunday morning if she is feeling up to it.

Well, I am going to get off the damn computer and do something...

If everything goes well, you won't hear from me until the morning....but this is me....there is still time for me to screw this up and entertain you with said stupidity.

No comments: