Friday, January 06, 2006

The Best Things In Life Are Free...

2006 has not been a banner year to start off.

Thursday I had every right to rage like a thunderstorm. What did I do instead? I made friends with 2 bottles of wine. It was alright. I hadn't had a decent hangover in quite sometime. I was due...

I was written up. I was in the office for 45 mins. So, it wasn't your average lashing. I got my ass kicked. To be honest, I have had it coming for quite some time and I deserved it. I called in on Wednesday. I forgot that my drawer was a disaster. I forgot that I had almost double my cash limit in my cash drawer. I forgot that I had stuff I was putting off hidden. So I got nailed on all that.

But they didn't stop there. I was basically accused of 'force balancing' my drawer. Which means they suspect me of holding back cash to make my drawer balance out. Ok...this is not true. But whatever I guess.

They told me that I needed to check my attitude at the door. Everyone knows how I feel. They have all been there. Ok, excuse me? You know how I feel??? You know what it's like to not be able to be groceries? You know what it's like to not know where the gas money is going to come from? You know what it's like to not want to let anyone down? You know what it's like not to sleep for days at a time? You know what it's like to live your life for other people? You know what it's like to completely let yourself be taken advantage of DAILY? You know what it's like to give yourself completely and have certain people in your life just take until there's nothing left? Ya, I didn't think so. Their door is always open to me if I ever just need to talk. They see me crying when I think no one is looking. They want me to know I am not alone. They have been there. Doubtful from their houses on the hill. And if I can't feel that I can talk to them, we do have an employee assistance line. Yes, employer 'controlled' therapists. That's exactly what I need. I feel I can completely trust them *insert snarky sarcasm here*.

And just when I thought I was hitting rock bottom....I got smacked again. They pulled out a report saying I spend too much time on line and using email. Hmmm. No way. Trish and I carry on 6 hour comversations through myspace. That's too much? I email AP like 40 times a day. That's too much? Hmmm. Ok so I had that one coming. But....got an ass kicking on it.

So when the 'actual' write up was over, they are trying to soften the blow and be all nicey nice and tell me what a great worker I am. WTF???? If I am so great why am I here? After they let me out, I get an email telling me how much my teller bonus for December was. $114!! And again thanking me for my great work. Are you as confused as me yet? And then they tell me that my 4th quarter 'referral' payout is also $100. And if everything gets processed on time...it'll be on next week's check... HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!! Are you kidding? I might have money to actually spend?? I haven't had money in so long, I forget what it's like.

So that's my work drama. Sort of. They are also changing the referral program....What that amounts to is that they are taking away the cash payout portion and replacing it with entries into a drawing. What the hell is that about? Are we making too much money off of them?

That's why you won't be getting as much blog platter from me anymore during the day.

No comments: