Sunday, May 01, 2005

You Just Can't Plan This Crap...

Last night, Annie, Digi, his girlfriend Dolly and her friend Hanna and I ventured out to our favorite bar. Sillyness ensued. Our favorite bartender was there and recommended a new drink. Wahoo! Passion Fruit Malibu and OJ. Quite tasty for a fluffy girly drink. Well, we are all having a good time, the drinks are flowing, and I look in my teeny tiny purse and see that I am going to need cash soon. And since I left my check card at home, I had to run home and get it. Well, while I was at home, I mentioned something or other to my mother that must have struck a chord with the whole Annie situation. Since their little arguement, Annie and my mom have been on less then fvorable terms, but Annie has slowly been working her way back in. Well, she was here for a little bit on Friday and last night prior to our bar goings, and I assumed that if she (or I) had too much to drink that she would be staying here to avoid having to figure out how to get her car back to her house (10 miles outside of town). Well, I was informed that she was not staying here and that I had better make sure she had other plans. WONDERFUL! When I left the bar, she had already downed her second drink and was on her third, and it was still early. So slightly pissed I headed back to the bar, not needing anymore cash, because I wasn't drinking anymore. Because, I wanted to make sure everyone made it home safe.

So anyway, so as not to alert anyone to my foul frame of mind and the fact that I am not drinking, I instasntly begin drinking orange juice. Looks and smells the same, so no one has any clue. I am back not 10 minutes and this guy staggers up to me. Now, don't get me wrong, I haven't been staggered up to in a long time, so it was somewhat flattering, but he was a drunk middle aged man. Ummm, no. So his opening line is, "What's your name?" Unsure of whether or not he is my customer, I ask him to guess. (This is where it gets funny) After some drunking mumblings on his part, I polietly introduce myself as Brenda. Annie's mouth hits the table. Digi introduces himself as my brother Robert, and I introduce Annie as my roommate Heather. I immediately excuse myself to the bathroom thinking that me leaving will just clean the whole situation up on it's own. When the girl you are trying to pick up, walks away 3.5 seconds into the games, you would think the message would be pretty clear. Nope, still there when I got back. So I walked over and as soon as he started talking to me I walked away again. Digi calls me back because he needs a refill and someone has to watch the table. Still there. He is rambling on about something and between his mumbles, and the DJ I can't here anything. So I end up introducing, Dolly as Cecila and Hanna introduced herself as Betty Rubble. She was ok until she added the rubble part. So after convincing him that we weren't pulling a fast one, Dolly had the DJ page Betty to help our case. And I just told him to chalk it up to drinking. Well, if this guy ever gaves us his name, I never heard it, but he did ask for my number. I gladly forked over my favorite lunch time eatery's number. I almost feel sorry for him, because he never had a chance. Meanwhile, Digi is still gone, and I am still left to fend for myself for this guy. When he finally reappears, I take off...I use this chance to buy the girls a round of shots. Digi, being the dotting brother he is, trys to tell the guy it's not happening. Drunk man doesn't get it. So he finally has to say, "You are creeping her out, but let me buy you a beer as a goodwill gesture." Well, he comes over and says, "Since I am creeping you out, I am going to go. But I will call you when you aren't all drunk." LOL ok you do that. Well, I bought everyone a round for being such good sports. They earned it.

I saw my friend, who just happens to be Digi's ex, get picked up by a guy waaaay out of her league. She actually left with the guy!! I was impressed on some level, he was pretty damn good looking.

We tried to make a love match between Annie, and Digi's friend, George. And I gotta admit, that I was damn pleased that Annie gave him her phone number when it was time to go, but I don't think she's getting a call. But gotta give the girl props.

Well, we went back to the house for a little to hang out, Annie was cool to drive, but I just wanted to make sure. I shake my mother's toe like I do everytime when I come home. And tell her that Annie is here and she isn't staying. She claims that the only reason I brought Annie back to the house is because I was hoping she woulf forget nd let her stay and that if she stayed it was going to cost me $30! Excuse me, does she think that spare bedroom is that nice? Where does she pull that number from? Anyway, I was super pissed. After their big fight, she sat there and told me that she would never say that Annie couldn't be in my space. The space I pay rent to live in. She said she would never do that and here she was doing it. Well, Annie really had no intentions of staying after she made some comment at the bar about me ordering orange juice, I told her that my mother had requested that she make it home safely. But still, I was annoyed with the whole situation. I booted Annie pretty quick, because I just wanted to go to bed and forget it all. Needless to say, I was happy that my mom wasn't here when I woke up this morning.

8 comments:

Mark said...

You said:

"I saw my friend, who just happens to be Digi's ex, get picked up by a guy waaaay out of her league. She actually left with the guy!! I was impressed on some level, he was pretty damn good looking."

I say:

Um.. so what is this supposed to say about your brother? LOL I mean, I know you're not gonna say your own brother is hot or anything, but...

Girl Next Door said...

LOL! I consider my friend to be against his better judgement at the time. You woken up next to thos at one point in time, right?

Mark said...

I have nothing but success stories. (S)

Girl Next Door said...

RIGHT! I bet you say that to all the girls.

Or do you just make sure that they aren't there for you to wake up next to?

Mark said...

Bingo.

Girl Next Door said...

So, you are one of those...

Mark said...

Not so much. The key is to pull an all nighter and then "leave for work" or "church" around 6ish. That way there is no waking up involved.

Girl Next Door said...

LOL, church....rotflmao...right...."I am sorry to wake you but have you seen my underwear, I need to get to church."

Now confession maybe...