Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Take That And Rewind It Back...

So a lot happened this weekend. We are going to take it a day at a time. Starting with Saturday.

I stirred myself out of bed pretty early on Satuday. I was up at 7:15 to make sure that Kiki made it to work on time. I made the call at that time to get my ass out of bed and get the running done in town that I needed to get done. So I was at Wal-Mart, Family Dollar, Goodwill, Dollar Tree (yes, I really am that cheap that I shop at all these places), and the post office all before 10 a.m. I was so proud. I went home and worked on downloading a new CD and and got in the shower. While I was getting out of the shower, my phone started ringing. It was MrsGiggles requesting me to move a little faster and come to meet her. So, I hurried my little tush out the door and just chilled a little bit. We exchanged vacation stuff and she gave both Annie and I incredibly thoughtful housewarming gifts, although mine was a little heavier :-)!!!

I met up with Ray-Ray and S and went to see The Longest Yard. It was pretty funny. We caught some dinner at the chinese buffet. And then we met up with Annie. We headed out to the beachy bar. Hung out there for a few hours shot some pool, shot some darts. Listened to this terrible band, but Ray-ray and S were just rocking out. It was funny. Went to Nowheresberg to a little roadside bar that was busier then the bar we just came from. Met up with Mr and MrsGiggles, the slighty cracked mother in law, and the princess sister. Listened to a band there. They were good. Left there and went to a quiet little ma and pop bar. Left there at bar close.
Now, keeping in mind, it's a 25 minutes drive in nice weather back to Nowhere. I pulled in my driveway at 4:19 a.m. I don't think I have ever been awake when the sun has started to come up. Well, I have been up, but never not been to bed yet. But anyway, that's what happens when the fog is super thick and you have to drive everyone else home.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind being the D.D. when it's my turn, but it's been my turn for a year now. It's time to pass the keys on. However, I do know that at the end of the night, everyone is alive and safely passed out in their beds. But sometimes, I just want to be the one passed out in bed.

It's been so busy that it took me all day to type that.

No comments: