Saturday, August 06, 2005

Moving At The Speed Of...

As I sit here writing this, I am thinking about Digi's post on the evils of Radiohead. And if I were clever, I would post a link to that post...but I'm not.

Let's talk about Coldplay. Am I not cool enough to grasp their sound? Is this cutting edge? The new direction of music? Am I going to be left behind? Honestly, I get annoyed by them after a minute of two. And it doesn't help that the local rado station plays them 11 times a day.

To give you an idea of where I am musically, as of late (outside of country) it's likely to hear me listening to Jason Mraz (Wordplay, hello?!?) then the Nsync of my past. But I still consider myself somewhat on the edge of music. I know what's 'cool' for the most part. This I just don't get. Is it their brit pop vibe that I can't dig? I doubt that because I was loving Natasha Beddingfield way before she was cool here.

Someone explain it to me please.

4 comments:

Gordy said...

Don't worry I don't get Coldplay either, although I do like a few tracks.

Girl Next Door said...

I liked Speed of Sound for about 6 seconds before I figured out that I was supposed to like it.

Michael said...

I like all kinds of music from Classical to Country, and my current genre is alt/emo-rock. But Colplay just sounds like chatty-Muzak to me.

Girl Next Door said...

I like all kinds of music...except Coldplay I guess.