Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Back To The Vault...

Wheat Thin tells me I am starting back on vault duty tomorrow. This will be my second time now since my tragic failure. When I was doing it last week or so, I was thinking about how fun it actually was. It reminded me of when I failed my driver's test the 1st time around. Horribly, keep in mind. Crash and burn failure. MrsGiggles said after that, that has always kinda stuck with me.

I was feeling all sorry for myself for not passing my test. And she said, "Well, it's good that you got that out of the way." When I questioned her, she said something to the following effect.

"You fail everything the 1st time. Make every mistake there is to make. But when you pick yourself up and move on from it, your 2nd attempt is near perfect."

Well, sure enough, I passed that driver's test the 2nd time with not even 1/3 of the errors of the 1st time around.

I was thinking about that, when I was working in the vault this last time. It was a walk in the park. It's funny how the tables have turned. Wheat Thin now comes to me with vault questions and opinions. And she is going on vacation next week and thinks I should just take the vault right away tomorrow, so she just doesn't have to worry about it.

I'm pumped. My job may suck ass, but every once in a while there's a glimmer of hope that keeps me hanging on for more.

Althou, MrsGiggles hates it when I am in the vault. She feels neglected.

8 comments:

JR said...

So very true! I think life is a test, and we aren't given the correct answers until after we are given the question. But, if on the test of life, we see the same question twice, then we can use what we learned the first time around to do better the next.

Alissa said...

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :-) I'm happy to know I've had a positive and loving affect on you the way you have on me.

As far as being in the vault, I'm proud of you for doing such a great job that they want you to do it again. And I'm happy you're being challenged and enjoying it. I know you can handle it.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll live with quick blurb conversations instead of deep ones. Damn, I hate it when work interrupts my social life! :-)

Mark said...

I'm sure she'll do alright, until she screws up.

Joe said...

"I passed that driver's test the 2nd time with not even 1/3 of the errors of the 1st time around." That's not saying very much considering how badly you did the 1st time.

Mark said...

HAHA.. i need to hear this story lol.

Oh, I passed the first time with only a 2 point deduction.

Alissa said...

I think I passed with only 4. You're the first person I've met that did better than me! :-)

And digi-shut up fucker! Cuz she did the majority of her learning with US!!!

Mark said...

I'm not sure that I'd advertise that fact, Mrs G.

Girl Next Door said...

Laugh at you want! I still passed. And I haven't killed anyone yet!!