Saturday, August 26, 2006

Too Much Too Soon (8/3/06)...

Is it just me or is it a touch too soon for 9/11 movies? I didn't think too much about United 93 when it came out, but I also didn't think I could go see it in the theatre. And I didn't.

Next week, World Trade Center comes out with Nicolas Cage. I don't watch a lot of TV anymore, so I didn't know this was coming out until I saw a poster at the local cinema. And what struck me as odd was this line "Based on a true story" (or something to that effect). HELLO?!?! DUH! No way. That really happened?

I think it's one thing for Ben Affleck to pimp out a fictional movie based on a historical event that happened 50+ years ago. (You remember that train wreck, Pearl Harbor) To me, this is still very much current events. It's not even been 5 years. This is still a very emotional hot spot for our nation. I remember everything about that day. I remember every emotion, every tear shed, how scared I was to go to sleep for fear something else would happen. I just don't know if I am ready to relive all of those emotions again.