Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Crazy Like A Straw...

You remember crazy straws, right? Weren't those things the shit?

Anyway, so yesterday was a very dramatic day for me. Lots of crying girls needing me to save their days.

I was hiding out in my apartment, doing the dishes and I hear a knock on the door.

I turn around to see the neighbor that I always try to avoid. The nieghbor that I always thought was a little off. Lots of little clues. Like standing outside holding a catheter bag.

Anyway, she stands in my living room and proceeds to tell me that she was admitted to the mental health department in one of the best hospitals in the state for the last 10 days. And that she had been admitted to the local hospital's mental health department 8 times since January. And how she finally has been diagnosed correctly as being Bi-polar. And how the only medication strong enough to treat her condition is ... Lithium.

Ok. I am not one to judge. Everyone has their demons but not everyone stands in my living room and explains all the ways that they are bat-shit crazy.

All I could think standing there listening to her was, "Time to move."

6 comments:

Callie said...

Oh yeah - definately time to move. If I lived closer, I'd help ya.

That is just wrong on so many levels.

Dirty Bunny said...

Indeed time to move. Lithium? Holy shit.

Paw and Claw Designs said...

now i have Nirvana in my head....

buy a deadbolt...and a gun.....

JIC....

blacksheep said...

oohhh.....that gives me the creeps

Girl Next Door said...

DB - I figure, since I use Lithium batteries. Next time my camera dies, I am going to talk to her.

Kitten - Had that song in my head since she said the word.

Black Sheep - Hi...and welcome to my world of crazy.

blacksheep said...

Hello juicy! thanks for the warm welcome, I find your sense of humor very refreshing...bat-shit crazy...tee hee hee..I know a few people like that as well