Monday, August 21, 2006

It Shouldn't Be This Hard...

I have never been one to think things through real well. Ask anyone in my family.

Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes I dive into something and end up making an ass of myself. But more often then not, the more time I have to prepare for anything major, I talk myself out of it and end up bitching out.

Well, as I mentioned eariler, my newest quest is going back to school. I was talking to Bartender Josh on Wednesday of last week, and he was talking about his upcoming class schedule. He had just registered for classes that morning. Classes started today. I had been listening to Melly talk about school starting for several weeks. I started to get really jealous of the oppourtunity that going to school would eventually open up to them. I looked at Josh and announced that I was going back. I was making an advising appointment for the next day and I was going. That was all the thought I put into it.

I called that afternoon to make my appointment, and I was basically shut out. I was told it was too late to register. WTF!!!! That's bullshit. Josh had just registered that morning. I didn't think about it too much, but was really annoyed. Whatever.

So trying not to think too much of it, I thought, ok. Well, I am off a day closer to the end of the month...I will call then to get an appointment to talk about the Spring semster. For all practical purposes, this is a far better idea anyway. I would have had to take tutition money and everything out of my vacation money and I really need this vacation.

So, I pull the spring schedule off the internet at work and start looking at classes. I call the advising office to make the appointment and the woman tells me I can't even make the appointment to....TALK...about spring until almost 30 days from now. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!

I don't even know if I am staying in the same program. I am thinking about tranferring, looking into differnet educational paths...and I can't even get into talk to anyone.

And another thing I have to figure in is, that I left school on academic probation. I can't even think about transferring until that is cleared up, no school is going to touch me. I have work issues to think about, I can't afford to not work right now. I mean, I am not really living the high life right not. I am looking for a second job. I get alot of flack for being out all the time, well, I am barely spending $10 a week being out. That's really not unreasonable. I am usually drinking soda and hanging out at the NWL as an excuse not to be in my apartment alone. I can't really even buy groceries...which, I mean my clothes fit better...but still.

I have to think about financing...who is going to pay for all this? I certainly can't depending on my parents. They can barely take care of themselves. This is all stuff I want to get into advising and at least get pointed in the right direction...

..and I can't even get an appointment.

It's not supposed to be this hard....really it's not.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wise of you to stay in school as long as possible. I think one does not really appreciate what a good deal school is until later in life. Hang in there keep trying, keep knocking on the door. Do not take no for an answer.

Girl Next Door said...

I keep telling myself that the best stuff in life is also the hardest.

Chris said...

Absolutly! Except for the really good stuff that is easy.