Sunday, July 17, 2005

Strange, Slippery Goodness...

So I was sitting on my couch laying in front of the fan, because it's hotter then holy hell outside, enjoying my favorite frozen treat. The Bomb Pop. It's like 3 tasty snacks in one. Yummy. But this is not my point. I was just glancing at the wrapper and saw this. A warning on my popsicle.

"Notice: This product when extermely cold, may stick to warm lips or tongue. Allow to warm slightly before eating."

So then, let's break this down.

"Extermely cold" meaning ... frozen.

"Allow to warm" meaning ... melt.

If I understand this right, this popsicle that I got out of my freezer is frozen. And I should let it melt before I eat it.

If this is the case, why put it on a stick? If it's only going to melt into a syrup-y puddle, why not give me a straw instead of the stick?

4 comments:

duff said...

the popsicle that came out of your freezer is frozen? say it ain't so!

you know, for them to put a disclaimer on the wrapper, somewhere down the line, someone must've sued.

just something to ponder.....

Girl Next Door said...

I think it's sad.

I don't think a popsicle has ever been stuck to any part of my body.

How cold does the popsicle have to be?

duff said...

about as cold as a metal post in the middle of winter, i suppose.

Girl Next Door said...

I have never stuck my tongue to a pole in winter...

Is this like a rite of passage I have missed out on?