Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Dilemma...

My "foster sister" just called. She wants me to watch my 7 year old neice Suzie and my 3 month old nephew Adam tonight. She wants to pay me in food stamps because she knows things have been tight for me.

Ok, Don't get me wrong. I love those kids. I would drop everything to hang out with Suzie. Ask anyone, she's my little girl. Everytime I have stopped over lately to see little Adam, he's been at someone else's house. He's not even 6 months old. It's not like he's hanging out at the mall, she just doesn't want the baby around evidently. I would love nothing more then to hang out with the kids.

I have a few problems with this situation.

  • She's on food stamps. Apparently, the State is giving her so much aid that she can afford to toss it around. Stuff like this upsets me. I have this feeling I am going to get shafted on Financial Aid, and she can just give away the help she gets. Makes me wonder if I should apply for food stamps. At least, I'd appreciate the help.
  • Allowing her to go out tonight is assisting in the possiblity of another child being brought into this world to allow her to continue milking the system. I saw her out last Saturday. I don't get it. She doesn't take care of herself all that well, so she's kind of a mess to look at. And yet, she was basically having sex on the dancefloor. I am a pretty girl, more then once in the last 24 hours I have been told I am not only beautiful but hot. I don't even get looked at?!? It doesn't compute for me.
On the other hand, babysitting would keep me home tonight, which would help the finance situation. I want to see the kids, but I don't think this is the way to get to spend sometime with them. Maybe I will just pick them up tomorrow for a few hours.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you said no. It's illegal to use food stamps like that.

Girl Next Door said...

I did say no. I am picking her kids up at noon Sunday to bond a little....but that didn't stop her. I saw her down at the KG when I was picking up Melly.

Dirty Bunny said...

Knowing her she left the kids at home alone. She's that stupid.

Girl Next Door said...

She did in fact acquire a babysitter. It's the same kid that has been watching her kids every Friday and Saturday night.

blacksheep said...

I completely understand what you are saying and I think you are doing the right thing. Hubby and I have often said that it seems like people living on state aide, whether it be food stamps or AFDC, are living better and can do more than those who are out there trying to make an honest living.

Dirty Bunny said...

Well, that's cool. She does deserve some time for herself. I just get bitchy 'cuz I hope her kids feel loved. For all I know, they do. I'm not there. I'm just standing here on the side-lines judging her. Maybe she thinks it's fucked up that I'm working 60 hours a week. Who knows. I need to chill out, me thinks.

Girl Next Door said...

I still think she needs to be a the bar less. I am not looking forward to the next child she brings into the world as she is not yet back on birth control.