Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Me Against The World...

At least that's how it feels.

Yesterday, the old bittys threw down the gauntlet. Based on information acquired, it was an attack directed at Kiki and myself. I had all of last night to seeth about this information. I got mad. I feel I have reason to be. It's childish to not address an issue with the people the issue affects. Instead, they went and tattled.

Kiki's off today and Saltine is on breavement leave. I feel outnumbered. The only defense I have come up with is to completely isolate myself from them. I have no reason to talk to them. I will be civil and respond when addressed, but social and civil are far from each other. I have no reason to be social with people so willing to stab me in the back. I wouldn't be friendly with people I couldn't trust outside of work, so why should this be different? I, apparently, have to look at protecting myself.

Because Saltine is out longer then any of us expected, we were left without a closing person this evening. I am stuck closing with the queen on the back stabbers.

Should be just a laugh a minute.

7 comments:

Callie said...

Oh, man - that totally sucks. Sorry you have to put up with that kind of crap.

Just keep doing what you're doing. Let them know you're better than they are.

Girl Next Door said...

It does blow. But do what you do, I guess.

Dirty Bunny said...

You still aren't sure, though? Maybe they are privately planning a party for you guys or something.

I'm a glass half-full kind of person today.

Girl Next Door said...

Seeing as how no one has spoken to me either...I am not betting on it.

Ren said...

Breathe... Just breathe... Yeah, breathe... Just breathe...

Okay, I've got nothing.

Dirty Bunny said...

HOLY SHIT! Labby is speechless, ladies and gentlemen. *snicker*

Mark said...

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but do you have any idea what they gripe was, and if so, would it be something you'd complain about if you were on the other side of the fence?

Other than that, work hostility sucks, no matter which end you're on.