Friday, October 06, 2006

Silly Mommy...

I know I said I wasn't blogging, but I don't leave until the morning...so you knew there was a good chance that I'd slip one or two in here yet.

The youngest brother just text me to see how it was going. I was a little confused. Turns out Mom was all upset because she thought I left this morning and I didn't take the time to call her. And me not calling from California must mean, I am DEAD! So, I called her and the conversation went something like this.

Me: Hey Mom.

Mom: Oh you are ok. *instantly starts to choke up*

Me: So what, it's like quarter the 3 there?

Mom: Yes.

Me: Funny, it's that time in my living room too.

Dumb ass. She was sure I left today and the fact that I didn't call meant something horrible was happening to me. Good grief. She actually started crying on the phone. I think my eyes rolled right out of my head. And then I when I told her that I was staying at The Ritz...she didn't believe me and thought I was telling her the wrong hotel, so she couldn't call me.

It's not like this is the first time I am traveling without her. I moved out quite sometime ago and take trips all the time. She doesn't even know about some of them.

I might not miss her drama while I am gone. Or Melly's.

No comments: