Saturday, October 07, 2006

Day One...

Hey kids.

So, California. I am having fun. Let's talk about today. Flights were good. Very smooth. The stop in Milwaukee brought me a scare where in, I actually for a short time, lost my ID. That would have effectively ended my trip right there. With not being able to board planes and all. Fear not, I found the elusive ID on the floor at Starbucks. Mmmm. Pumpkin Spice latte.

A short layover (that I didn't know about) in Kansas City later, I was on my way to California. I tried to sleep without any luck. But I blame the crying baby for that.

After landing, I learned that nation-wide cellphone service....apparently does not include LA and the surrounding areas. Bummer. How am I to call you now?

We headed downtown to find my hotel. Fucking gross is all I have to say. I will be staying there tonight out of convience, but I WILL NOT stay there another night. It looks like a bad horror film could have been filmed there. Gross. I might get a hep shot when I get back.

Headed off for a tasty thai lunch. Yummy good stuff. Vermicelli with coconut milk. Happy tummy.

We are back at Xan and Bills place right now waiting for a friend and then are going to Hollywood!!! We are watching Dancer in the Dark right now, I don't know how I feel about it either.

Monday, we are all going to Disney. I am pumped about that happy surprise. I love Disney,


Well, off I go. Love you!

3 comments:

Girl Next Door said...

And don't even get me started on the mountains...so beautiful

Mark said...

be careful. there are a lot of liberals in california.

Girl Next Door said...

Liberals don't scare me. It's the Republicans I am worried about ;)