Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Closing Recap...

My last night in Cali was fun. I had a blast. It ended on an emotional note. Goodbye is a big word. Hard word to spit out, too. I am not going to re-hash it. Let's just leave it at tears were cried.

Getting home in itself was a process. The company I booked the flight with neglected to mention to me that my flight was cancelled and I was rescheduled on another flight. Well, as a result I missed that flight. After ALOT of waiting, they got me on standby flights home. Let's just say I am getting a free flight out of this deal.

I didn't get home until 11 p.m., what a way to spend your birthday. Despite Melly's very good attempts, my birthday was complete crap. I wish I could have skipped the day all together. I feel like in cases like this, I put alot into everyone else's birthday, and with the exception of Melly and Ray-ray (and of course, the Cali crew), my birthday was an inconvience to them. And that seems about right. I am not having birthdays anymore.

Upon my arrival home, there were steaming piles of drama everywhere being flung at me at high speeds. Mom drama, Wal-mart drama, daddy family drama, friend drama. Just drama. It was emotionally draining. It was hard enough coming home in the first place...this didn't help.

Last night, I had dinner at The Fish and Bunny's and that was nice. The Fish got me "World War Z". It's a book telling the fictional story of them Zombie wars. Written by the guy who wrote the Zombie Survival Guide. I can't wait to read it. It's funny because Xan and I had the book in our hands at Barnes and Noble the other day. Kiki found me last night and gave me this bitching Nightmare Before Christmas lunchbox. The girls at work got me the new Evanescence and a gift card to the scrapbook store so that was cool. So, I guess birthdays aren't so bad.

I actually stopped typing this blog to meet Melly for a quick drink at the NWL and Rsome out of town friends happened to pop in, so that was a wonderful surprise.

But now I am going to make a vain attempt at cleaning this hell hole that is my place. And try to get to bed early, I have a long ass day ahead. 7:15-6 and then dinner by the parents. Oy. Oh yes, and Melly and I decided to go see Justin Timberlake in January!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Happy Birthday!

Dirty Bunny said...

It's unfortunate that with our busy lives it is actually sometimes inconvenient to show someone we love them on their birthday, but at least people make the effort. And we make that effort because we love you, no matter how "inconvenient".

Girl Next Door said...

And I love you for it!

You guys made me feel pretty loved.