Sunday, October 08, 2006

About Last Night...

Just when you thought you were going to be rid of me for a few weeks, I go and find myself some internet access.

Last night was my big Hollywood adventure.

Grauman's Chinese theatre, where I failed to find Audrey Hepburn's foot prints. But thanks to Bills, I had my picture taken with what I can only imagine was to be Dumbledore, or maybe Hagrid, Elvis and Marilyn Monroe. The oppourtunites exsisted for Spiderman, Jack Sparrow (or Captain Morgan depending on how you look at it), and a pimp too.

The Kodak Theatre, now that was cool. Being as much into movies as I am, being at the place the Oscar's are held every year, was basically a huge geek out moment for me. And let's not forget the American Idol finals. Walking where the red carpet goes, yea...I can't even tell you how much I dug that. The awards walk was cool, they have plaques on the wall of every film that has won best picture since the inception of the Oscars. If I have the chance to come for another visit, I think perhaps I would like to take the tour. I know, it probably didn't seem like I was enjoying myself, but I was one tired girl. I did take in far more then I let on though. Like a sponge I am, even when I am to tired to open my mouth. (I know you are having trouble believing that)

I could have freaked out in there too...I mean hello!?!?! They have a Sanrio store, a Sephora, and a Virgin megastore. That means broke for me. Can you believe I have been here almost 24 hours and the only thing I have bought is, lunch and dinner yesterday, a Mocha Coconut Frap (oh dear god) and parking? How have I not bought stuff? I am showing amazing restraint, because good lord, could I shop.

I booked a new hotel for tonight here in West Covina. I will be paying less and staying in a much nicer hotel. Someplace clean even. The thing is, the lobby of the hotel is quite misleading. I was upsettingly disappointed. But, I just kind of laughed it off, because...that's my luck. It wouldn't have been so bad if the place looked clean.

Speaking of luck, I had another lost ID scare. Dude at the front desk, who was a complete ass, kept my ID. That's a horrible feeling, not knowing where your ID is, when your are like 2100 miles from home. After having 2 scares with it in 24 hours, Xan now has custody of it. That's probably a good thing.

I feel tired and I should probably take a nap, but I really don't think I could. I just need a cup of coffee and I am good to go. I don't think we have really hashed out the day's major events. To be honest, I am being far more passive then I normally am. I am mostly in a 'take me, show me' mode.

I was thinking on the way back to Covina this morning that LA is really just a giant concrete jungle. I forget how much I enjoy metro areas until I am back in one. It's beautiful. One of the coolest things is how fast a city appears. You can just be driving along and then see a skylive just appear around a curve. That's cool. Some people can live there whole lives in a 10 block radius and never have to go any further, that to me is cool. i don't know if that's the life I could lead, but that is cool that the option exsists. Cities are beautiful. The old buildings laced with modern upgrades, the feeling of the whole world rushing around you...that's amazing. You can almost feel the heartbeat of a city walking the sidewalks. It's a very cool feeling. You are so disconnected with the people around you, but connected to the very soul of the city. Does that make any sense at all? It's not just LA. Minneapolis, Chicago...the feeling is there. You just have to let yourself find it.

It's not really sure what all the day holds in store for us yet, but I can't wait.

*wonder what the status of our leftovers from lunch is*

4 comments:

Paw and Claw Designs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paw and Claw Designs said...

Erin and I get "shoppers overload" very often...too much shit we want, so we buy nothing.

I'm like that at bead stores all the time.

Why do I have this odd fear i will never see you again ;)

thesmu said...

"Hagrid, Elvis and Marilyn Monroe"

that's an unholy trinity if ever i hear of one!

thesmu said...

er... heard.

sorry.

first post on your blog and i cock it up. pah!