Tuesday, November 13, 2007

They Are All Adorable...

ok...Well, not all of them. There is an ugly one or two out there.

I met Bartender's little brother Sunday night. First of all, let's just touch on the fact that my heart did the icky thump a bump thing when I walked into the house and he was holding this sleeping little boy close to his chest. And when we did the pass the sleeping baby without waking him deal, my mind couldn't help but think, what if.

Now that I have that out of my system, god, being in love with your best friend is not an easy thing.

What a sweet little boy. As I was sitting there talking with his parents and running my fingers gently along his tiny little leg, I am not going to deny that I flinched and sort of retracted my fingers every time I got to his club foot. I didn't flinch out of shock or disgust, but I was really concerned about hurting him. I know that's silly, but he's so fragile and new, that I just felt like touching it would hurt and wake him.

All and all, sweet little boy. The one time he peeked his eye open at me, I felt like he was giving me a little gift.

1 comment:

Ren said...

It's not easy? You mean you're actually working at it? I thought being in love came naturally... without effort.

I must be doing something wrong.