Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Can't Even Will Myself Warm Right Now...

The thin blanket of snow that covered my almost picturesque small town was still here when I woke up this morning. It's thinning as the day progresses but it's a very clear sign of the season.

I have been chilled on campus all day staring out windows of class rooms and have caught myself thinking, "It even looks cold today", as I stare out across the lake that my beautiful campus sits on.

I am sitting here wearing a long sleeve t-shirt and can't ignore the slight prickle of goosebumps that has been pestering my skin all day. My iPod is blasting sounds that imply the warm of carefree summer days in my ears. Artists like Kenny Chesney, Long Beach Dub All Stars, Colbie Caillat, The Contagious Remedy (a friend's band), and others that simply beg me to drive with the windows down and feel the warmth of the sun on my face are simply not sufficient today. I feel I should replace them with the crisp, cool sounds of a modern jazz ballad, perhaps a little Chris Botti or Michael Buble.


I feel this day would be best spent in front of a fire place with warm cider or tea. Since I have neither, I guess I will destroy the attempted beauty of this post, and say this...

Fuck it dude, I'm going tanning.

No comments: