Tuesday, March 06, 2007

100 Things About Me...

Sometime ago, I blogged one of these lists. I was thinking the other day that I wanted to revise it some. I have not the urge to look through old posts to find mine, so I started over. When I have nothing to blog about, I am going to whip out 10 things. Some I will explain, some might not need any explanation. So, here goes installment 1.

1. I love Hello Kitty.
Perhaps I like Hello Kitty a little too much for a grown-up. You will find random little trinkets and reminders all over my apartment to this affect. Some, I have sought out. Some, I have paid too much for. Some, have been gifted to me. It makes no sense, and it's an addiction born out of nothing, but I love it just the same.


2. I have a purse addiction.
I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 purses. I don't know when this compulsion started, but I couldn't stop for the longest time. Now, I crave higher quality, so at the very least it has slowed down. As an example, the girls at Wilson's Leather (60 miles away), know me by first name.

3. I love The Goo Goo Dolls.
I am also not sure when this addiction was born. I would imagine 1998. The movie "City of Angels" was released. With it came the soundtrack, bearing the song "Iris". It became THE song of that year. Since the release of that album, I have seen this band live 8 times. Dizzy Up The Girl still remains one of my all time favorite albums. I am trying to position myself to be the mother of John Rzeznik's children.

4. I cannot not stand an open mailbox.
My apartment resides next to Bartender's. Our mailboxes are also neighbors. Some people would be annoyed by the fact that, Bartender will deposit his unwanted junk mail in our box. Not this girl. I get blindly annoyed by the open lids everyday. So everyday, I close the lids as I pass by. I have actually tried to ignore this and laid in my apartment on the couch and had this bother me enough, that I got off my ass, to close the lids. If there is no mail in the box, why leave it open? Yes, I know. I'm a freak. What of it?

5. I have a debilitating fear of storms.
Thunder storms. I can drive home in a complete white out at 2 in the morning, but one crack of thunder and I can't move. It's something that I can't explain, but they terrify me.

6. I'm fat.
This is what I attribute my really low self-esteem too. I am tragically insecure, and I think I do a good job at hiding it. But, I am working on it.

7. I have a plan to kidnap John Cusack.
And why wouldn't you? Look at the guy! He's freaking adorable. He is the 80's teen movie. He's witty, well spoken, intelligent, sarcastic, and cute. What more could I want? Well, a co-worker, who shares the same lust, and I have worked out a shenanigan filled plan to get to meet the man. Ok, so it's pretty common knowledge (among the celebrity informed, at least) that John's best friend is Jeremy Piven. They are also IL natives. They even co-own an apartment in Chicago. This is were the plan comes in. Saltine and I are going to wander around Chicago, using the 6 degrees of separation concept, to track down and accidently bump into Jeremy Piven. Once we track down Mr. Piven, we will lure him into our totally bitchin' van, and kidnap him. We fully intend to hold him hostage until we hear from John, inquiring as to our demands. We think he'll be down for the fact that we really just want to go to dinner with him. I think once they hear about the pureness of our love and admiration, they more then likely won't press charges, right?

8. The toilet paper must roll forward.
I don't know why, but it has to. I have caught myself changing the rolls at work even.

9. I don't like Metallica.
I never have. I tried. It's Metallica. They are rock gods, they must be good, right? Uh, no. They don't really speak to me.

10. My attempt at a higher education terrifies me.
The act of going to school everyday scares me. What if I let someone down? What if I let myself down? Maybe I am not as smart as I think. Maybe I really can't juggle 2 jobs and school. Maybe I will fall flat on my face. Maybe I will succeed. My fear of the unknown that lies in the answers sometimes, gets the better of me.


So, there it is. Maybe you knew that, maybe you didn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not know #4. Freak. ;)



I think your Cusack kidnap plan might need revision. I read over at Pop Candy that the dynamic of the Cusack/Piven friendship has changed. Jeremy's always been the sidekick type of guy, right? Well, Cusack's in a slump and Piven's riding high from Entourage. Now when they go out and do something together, the reporters are trying to get quotes and photos from Jeremy, not John. Supposedly Cusack's not dealing with this very well.