Tuesday, November 28, 2006

This Girl's Dates...

So I have mentioned a guy a time or two. I brought him up just yesterday, saying I didn't know what I thought about the whole situation.

Now for some back story.

I met B through the bank. And to not get myself into a gray area, that's all I am going to say about that. But anyway, Bartender and I ran into him at the local meat market the following Saturday night. The 3 of us stood around and yelled a conversation at each other, and were just social with each other. Well, we stood there until bar close and we asked to leave the bar. We all mingled on the street for a few minutes before parting ways. Just as Bartender and I were heading back to his car, B stopped me and asked for my number. And thus, a crush was born. He's not a bad looking guy, doesn't seem like a douche bag, so I handed over the numbers. I figured that I have been single long enough, taking a chance here and there...won't hurt at all.

Well, the following weekend he called and we made plans to meet at the NWL. I mean, I was going to be there anyways, this way my friends could get a little famliar with him too. New to the area, I figured let him meet some nice people too. The night was strange, because he ditched me for one of my other friends. I was disheartened by this, and because my friends knew this, they proceeded to get me a little drunk in an effort to raise my spirits.

A few shots later, I was not feeling any better when he came back to find me. He was very drunk, and I was very annoyed. So I didn't really give him the warmest welcome back. In an effort to avoid getting, Bartender in troube, I hurried him out the door because it was mintues away from bar close.

Later that week, I told him that I was leaving town with Bartender on the weekend, and he was on his own. He seemed a little bummed out that I was leaving and told me that he would see me when I got back.

A few playful text's were exchanged but nothing of substance. Saturday rolls around and he called me up when I got out of work. I told him my plans for the evening and he offered to meet me. He called me several times from different bars asking me to meet him. I had grown bored with this game, so I told him where I was and that he was more then welcome to come meet me, but I was not changing my exsisting plans to follow him all over downtown.

I caved a few hours later, and sought him out. I quickly regretted it. He was fall down, unable to stand without weaving drunk. I got a beer, stood there for a few minutes and let him babble. I listened to him babble on about how much he missed his "homegirl" the weekend before. Well, I finished my beer and told him I was heading back to the NWL. He, of course followed. All I wanted to do was hang out with Bartender, go back to his apartment, watch the boys play some video games, have a few laughs and slip into a coma. Well, it became very clear that B wasn't driving and he was going to be in my custody for the night.

We departed the NWL headed for my apartment, I wasn't taking him back to Bartender's where the boys would certainly eat him alive. After a quick stop at Taco Bell, that he just had to have, and had no cash to pay for we were back home. I refused to turn on any lights in the house and was very whispery in an effort to encourage him passing out rather quickly.

The morning came, and for a moment I had forgotten about the night before until I heard, "Good Morning..."

*insert scream of disgust here*

I got out of bed, hurried myself along getting ready for work and pushed him out the door. As I was sropping him off at his truck, he asked if we could do something during the week. I told him to call me thinking I wouldn't really hear from him.

Last night he called and asked me to a movie. He gave me 30 minutes warning. Nice. So I scurry my tush along and meet him. We arrive at the local multiplex to see that he had gotten the movie times confused and the movie he wanted to see didn't start for another 90 minutes. He works at 4 in the morning at the local tv station, so that was getting a little late for him. We voted to rent a movie and head back to my place.

Just under 2 hours later, and a home cooked dinner later, it was time to say good bye. We lingered at my door, exchanging small talk, me not really knowing what I was expecting. Our goodbye consisted of him pounding knuckles with me. WHAT IS THAT?!?! You don't do that with a girl! And told me that as long as I kept the good food coming, he'd be over with the movies. Huh. I guess we will see.

Now you are up to speed with that story.

Now tonight, I have dinner plans with S. S has made random appearance over the last 18 months, and none of them have been favorable. I actually kind of gave him the cold shoulder the last time he was obviously hitting on me. I don't think I have seen him since early June, when he was invited out for a night of drinks. We are also going to the NWL for dinner. Bartender is my escape plan for the evening. If anything goes wrong, he is bailing me out. I should let him know about this.

So, at least you have a story to look forward to tomorrow.

6 comments:

Dirty Bunny said...

He doesn't sound very considerate. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Why do you insist on calling it "NWL?" It's The Winchester, dammit.

This guy sucks. I should beat him up.

HST said...

Knuckle Pounding?! NEVER acceptable. DROP his sorry ass.

HST said...

P.S. I adore you.

thesmu said...

i'm with hst, knuckle pounding is a NO GO

Paw and Claw Designs said...

DOUCHEBAG!

kill him and bury him in the yard!