Wednesday, August 01, 2007

He Is Really Bad At This Game...

Are you ready for an update in the boy story?

So, he's always giving me crap about working so late and we can never hang out, well, Monday I was done at 8 and asked if he wanted to see a movie. I didn't hear from him all day, so I guessed that was a no. He happens to call me just as I am getting home to ask if I wanted to do something. I get to the top of my stairs to discover that my roommate has dead bolted me out of the apartment. I could not seem to wake him, so I explained to boy that until I had this resolved plans were on hold.

Instead of melting in the heat, I walked down by Bartender, because his bar is air conditioned, and attempted to wake the roommate. 30 minutes later, the door was unlocked. I let boy know I would be over as soon as I changed clothes.

"I have friends over now."

"Oh. Um. Ok maybe this weekend?"

He calls to tell me that he doesn't actually have friends over...yet. But he might. His friend is a girl visiting from Canada and doesn't have a cell phone so he can't confirm plans with her. But, he'll call me at 10 if she doesn't show.

No real plans are made. I continue to hang out with Bartender, since I have no where to be. Since neither of us has bought his sister's birthday present, I have been sent to purchase them. Bartender keeps mentioning that Boy should probably had said something to the effect of his friend being his one eyed cousin just to smooth things over. It is decided that should Boy call and try to make plans I am not going. I brush it off and head on my mission.

While shopping, Boy calls. His friend wants to go shoot pool. Do I want to come? Um...no. Ok, so I agree to meet them (stupid girl).

I KID YOU NOT. 5 minutes later, "She changed her mind, we are going to hang out here. Wanna do something tomorrow?"

"I'm sort of busy."

"Maybe another day?"

I commit to nothing because I am bitter.

I retell the story to Bartender, and he asks what I was doing the next day that I couldn't hang out with him. I work at 5, so there was no reason I couldn't hang out during the day. I was just being pissy.

Well, fast forward to 10 am yesterday. I am laying on the floor in my living room in front of a box fan wearing the least amount of clothing possible and just trying not to melt and he texts to ask how my day is. I describe the situation and his reply is...

"I have air... wanna come over?"

I don't reply for several minutes.

"I'm getting in the shower. Be ready in 30 minutes."

We watch Donnie Darko (first time for me, what a mind fuck), and we have lots of little 3rd grade flirty moments. Accidental hand brushings, sliding closer on the couch....JUST PULL THE TRIGGER DUDE. You got me here....obviously, you've been green lighted.

Well, we took a break from movies to hang a curtain. So here we are...standing on his bed. I go to get off and lose my footing and fall over. Ok. So dude, I'm laying on your bed... this seems like the perfect time to mention your girlfriend (she's not a girlfriend!). Frustrated I roll off the bed and shuffle to the couch. We are sitting there talking and he asks if he can put Star Wars on in the back ground. Now, you might be thinking...what a geek. What you don't know is, I have ever seen Star Wars. Not a single solitary minute of any of them. The more people freak out about me not seeing it...the funnier it is for me to not see it.

I caved. I sat and watched one hour of New Hope. I'm not impressed. But ok. I will end up seeing all of them, so I can say I have finally.

Ok whatever, he drives me home, says he'll call me later.

OH WHAT THE HELL! Dude, I keep coming over....clearly the girlfriend doesn't bother me. What is the hold up?!


He is sooo bad at this game!!

1 comment:

Paw and Claw Designs said...

i'm sorry you lost me at "sat and watched one hour of New Hope. I'm not impressed."

who the fuck tries to win over someone to star wars with episode 4????!!!

might as well make you watch episode 1 or the godfather part 3!

it says much about his character.

this guy's an idiot :(