Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Changing Face Of Employment...

When I first started in my current full-time job, they were the most generous place I had ever even heard of. We received gift certificates at Thanksgiving to help purchase our family turkey dinner. I always bought booze. Everyone celebrates in their own way...this was mine. We received gifts at Christmas, a healthy profit based bonus, and a very nice holiday party.

Times they are a changing. No Thanksgiving help this year, I was sober at Thanksgiving! The tragedy! No holiday party, but instead a snow tubing outing on a Thursday night. What the hell is that about? They are warning that our bonus may not be the stuff of dreams. My first year here, my bonus was over $700. Last year, it was barely $200. How much more undream-like can it really get? The only good thing going on this year has been that instead of a fruit box and cheeses, they gave us gift cards for Christmas. That $50 was way more appreciated then a few oranges.

And now, one of the more compassionate people on the upper management team annouced his retirement today. It's not looking so good for the little guy right now.

2 comments:

Paw and Claw Designs said...

i keep telling everyone not to go to the one in Minocqua, hence supporting the evil tyrants.

if you move closer to Minocqua, you shodul come work by the one i got to..they're kick ass.

note my FABULOUS attempt at keeping things "on the down low."

i'm sure it sounds just assy.

Paw and Claw Designs said...

* i meant "go to" of course, it's not MINE, though it is a pretty place to go and they always have cookies and coffee and let me use the photocopier.
If i win the lottory, maybe i'll buy it.