Sunday, April 22, 2007

Adventures In Bartending...

So last night was my first real night behind the bar. I am not going to lie to you. I was terrified. This bar has live music on the weekends and is a very busy bar on a band night. Who starts on the busiest night of the week?!

It turned out to be really dead, which was a blessing in disguise. I had a chance to get a feel for things before it got assloads busy. I ended up being done by 11.30 under the understanding that I would come help Leno close. Leno is the only other bartender, outside the owner.

The owner, Johnny, kind of anal about his bar. He was the reason I was so concerned about working. Well, I had nothing to worry about. I jumped back behind the bar again at bar close. Johnny had been there all night and was watching me pretty close. As the night went on, he started to get a little drunk. Meaning, alot drunk. Well, Leno and I started dancing around and making asses of ourselves behind the bar, assing around to the jukebox, dancing and just being silly.

Turns out, Johnny loved it. I heard him talking to these women about how he loved how I got Leno to open up a little bit.

End result, I worked about 4 hours and made about $20 in tips. That part sucked. However, the time behind the bar and the fun I had, was so worth it. I had a lot of fun.

Bu I am exhausted today.

**I promised someone that I met at the bar that I would title this post "I Met A Man With Four Nipples Last Night", but I really want to keep my Adventures as a running post title.**

1 comment:

Dirty Bunny said...

That's way cool. I always thought you'd be a good bartender.